is this a scam ??

paulgolding

Torque Junkie
Car
vw t4 caravelle 2.5
just got this email in response to the advert in autotrader.

Seems like a scam to me. what do you think ??

Good Morning,
Thanks for your quick response and am also excited to hear from you the car is still available for sale and thanks for the information you just gave about the car and am quite delighted to hear from you the car is still in great conditions,i just want you to know that I'm buying the CAR on behalf of my husband as our family are expanding'cos we are expecting our triplet babies in a few weeks time.
i just want you to send me your wishes in advance before the arrival of the babies.
My self and my husband only need one additional CAR.

Please i want you to email me more pictures if is still available both the exterior and interior.
Due to my conditions i would not be able to view the car at present i'm heavily pregnant,and the distance as well.
My personal circumstances do not allow me to travel because the doctor told me that i should Not stress myself any more like wise my husband is away on a business trip to Texas.
According to the Features of the CAR and the Full Description of the CAR i read on the advert pages i'm fully satisfied with everything.

I will make an offer of £7,700 inclusive the advert fees just because i know the worth of the car and more so what you' ve stated about the car details in the advert page and the maintenance of the CAR you've spent soo far since you bought the CAR.
Presently we are located at Guernsey in Channel Islands.
I will take care of the shipment I had already consult a private shipping company who's going to handle it professionally for me both the shipping cost and other necessary activities concerning the shipment of the CAR.

Though the shipping company still have some furniture to ship for me in Western Isles i have made it clear to him that your location will be his first arrival before moving down to any other destination.
Cleared funds would have to be obtained prior to the sale.
My preffered method of payment is by bankers draft or Cheque in a (GBP) that's the only option and safest way for me to transfer CASH which am going to instruct my business associate to post you a bankers draft via post office.

The bankers draft is going to clear in your bank within 3 to 5 working days days before i shall take the possession of the CAR .
Thanks soo much and i really appreciate your efforts for taking your time to response to my inquiry.
Hopefully to hear back from you today in order to proceed further with the payment and shipping arrangements as soon as possible.
In my next email i shall let you know the details that is required from you to enable the bankers draft gets to you by post office.
I look forward to hear back from you today.
Cheers

just got this email in response to the advert in autotrader.

Seems like a scam to me. what do you think ??
Cheers

If you think it is, then don't risk it.

Seems to be of the style of similar scams. Bankers drafts can be forged but they can initially clear only to be returned as worthless after you have shipped the car. A friend got caught this way (as it happens, for £7000).

She is offering £7000. How much have you got it up for? If it is less than this then it is a scam, IMHO. No genuine punter is going to offer more than the asking price, are they?

My advice. Don't risk it.

:D

thanks though !!

lot of money to lose . . I'd be really stuck if that happened !!

anyway, I've reported it to autotrader.

Hi Paul,
I see a lot of this sort of thing (among other things I manage a couple of email servers) and I would bet large amounts of my own money that this is a scam. I make it a personal rule not to trade vehicles or houses without personal contact and the money in my hand or in my bank upfront.
Good luck with the (re)sale of your car and you could always advertise it here...

Well, from the beginning I could feel there was something not right about it and since you saw the description of the fraud on the net it definetly is

All too common I'm afraid. IT IS A SCAM, without doubt. I work in IT as a private consultant, and although this isn't really an IT issue you do get the odd question asked about this type of thing.

Very simply, you can 'ave the car when the cheque's cleared. And it won't. Ever.

The scammers are getting cleverer by the day (poor grammar, HDi !!) and spend inordinate amounts of time trying to build up a facade of trust between themselves and their proposed targets.

Send me the original Email with headers etc. and let's have a look at the true source of this packet of lies (paul.anderson70@live.co.uk).

First guess - Nigeria

I was dubious when contacted from a Guy in Spain to buy my car. He paypal'd the deposit to me and then picked up the car in person and paid cash. All went well and the notes were genuine. He seems to be having a great time with the car.

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. IMHO there was too much information given about why he's getting the car shipped and how. He needs to ask more questions about the car also everyone wants to know a bit more about a £7000 purchase.