Flash to crash insurance scam

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The criminal minds are hard at work again. They are now flashing cars to let them out of junctions and then driving into them deliberately.

Has this ever happened to you? Does this mean you'll be ignoring any flashes from now on?

I'm very wary of people flashing to let me out, they could be flashing at someone coming the other way or just trying to find their washer wipe. I am kind enough to let people out but try to anticipate how they'll read it and whether on not there is any other traffic that they might get in the way of. It's too easy to just be ignorant and rude but I treat people on the road as i would on the pavement. It is annoying when you let a car out in front of you and they then drive horribly slow.

People can flash their lights all they like I will pull out only if I judge it safe to do so.
I don,t wish to offend anyone who is well meaning but you have to make your own call.

I will only flash to alert another road user of my presence. Their judgement of my position and speed is their choice. I never do it unless I have already done the observation work for them.

I would never encourage someone to emerge blindly from a junction of whatever type it is.

I will only flash to alert another road user of my presence. Their judgement of my position and speed is their choice. I never do it unless I have already done the observation work for them.

I would never encourage someone to emerge blindly from a junction of whatever type it is.

Only problem with alerting road users to your presence, is flashing is now considered common driving courtesy! I rarely flash people, tbh its not my problem if they're unaware. You shouldn't be driving if you can't see 100 yards down the road. At blind junctions, especially round my way, there are mirrors, so I always edge out very slowly anyway.