Insurance NCB Question

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I have 7 years NCB which I have not used for 2 years and 10 days, Now I know most companies do not accept NCB after 2 years, Direct line for one (I was 6 days over when I called them,) However I am told some companies allow a 3 year window, does anyone know which companies? Cheers

Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege are all now part of the RBOS group of companies. And those three have always been one and nearly the same.

I'd go back to one of the others in this group firstly and put it to them. Get an online quote firstly and see what happens when you make the call.

It's the final policy price which is the clincher, not how it's made up.

Direct Line, Churchill and Privilege are all now part of the RBOS group of companies. And those three have always been one and nearly the same.

I'd go back to one of the others in this group firstly and put it to them. Get an online quote firstly and see what happens when you make the call.

It's the final policy price which is the clincher, not how it's made up.

Direct line quoted £200 online with the 7 years, I called them and they quoted £190. I said I was 6 days over the 2 years and they said they couldn't insure me on this car without at least 2 years NCB, even though I have another car with them with 6 years ncb, a long running vehicle on a classic policy and the 7 year ncb in the background, I am old, clean and havnt made a claim in many years, mad, the money is in my pocket, I called adrian flux who claim to use a 3 year limit and they wanted £370....with the 7 ncb's

from what i can make out from your last post you are using your ncd on the classic and i'm pretty sure you can only use your ncd for 1 car only

It is like this, I have allways owned several cars therefore have built up seperats NCB's, When I went abroad to live I had earned 6 years on one policy and 7 years on another as for the classic you don't need or earn NCB's. So my main car is insured now using the 6 years. My VW Classic van is on a Classic policy and I am trying to save my 7 year NCB by insuring this Mazda however most compaines do not recognize any NCB's which have been dormant for 2 years or more but some companies accept up to 3 years. It seems they are pretty strict on this as I was only 6 days over the 2 years when I called Direct Line. Hope this clears the confusion, Thank's

Here are some options for your Aston.

Speak to a high street independent broker on this one. Some can swing it for you, it may cost a bit more but it will reactivate your NCB, they will typically deal with 100's of insurers (avoid big chains like Swinton and try to speak with a manager or someone with experience).

Ask you current insurer to swap the NCB over from your last renewal date, they take your 2 year old NCB proof from 1 year ago and send you proof of your max NCB as of the last renewal, this brings your NCB up to date.

(Did you stay with this insurer for the last 2 years?) If not go to the previous insurer get them to send you proof, send this proof to your next new company as it is under 2 years old. Then contact your current insurers with the proof and tell them you've used the wrong NCB with them can they note the different policy number and send the proof back to you.

I actually tried the broker I used before, the broker holding the 7 years and managed to get a reasonable deal, £240, Shame Direct line wouldn't play ball with £190, Well at least now I can use the car and learn to drive in a different manner

aston: i had the same problem when i came to Vietnam and let my insurance lapse, at the time i was with Privelege - which even then was part of RBS - but they would allow up to 3years between the last insurance policy (unfortunately i was 3yrs and 3months so had no choice but to start again).