Insurance question

Stiggy

Torque Junkie
Car
Audi A3 Quattro
Hey i was wondering the other day about what mods you can get away without declairing on tecnicalitys like :-

Piper Cross Pannel Filter
EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads

them two im sure are classed as consumables so surly they wont make any differenct being declaired or even not being declaired

Port Pollish on the head
Engine balancing

them two mods are still using the original parts so they would techinally still be standard components, any thoughts on them guys ?

You really don't ever want to give an insurer an excuse to back out of paying a claim. Carefully wording the modification when presenting it for consideration can make a big difference. Always get their acceptance in writing too when you notify them about a mod.

So you have a washable long life replacement airfilter and low brake dust pads that perform better than the standard ones :wink:

Then you have had the head refurbished and cleaned up and the engine has been stripped down and rebuild by hand to a better specification than the factory for RELIABILITY purposes. :wink: Bring on the next batch of mods and we'll have your insurers writing to you pleading for you to do more....

:lol: :lol: cheers guys i havnt done anythink to my car yet i was just layng around one day and my head got thinking, but cheers for the tip though on how to word it when i do get round to doing them lol

Good info guys.

I recently had to renew my car insurance. Previously I was just a named driver on my g/f's policy and it pretty much halfed my insurance costs.

This time round I thought I would be the policy holder and build up some no claims.( i previoulsy wrote of my golf gti and lost my g/fs no claims)

To cut a long story short, my insurance want £300 more for me to be the policy holder. But if I put my g/f on the policy as the named driver then it would be £200 cheaper.

fookin misers.