Ideas please chaps.... what next??

pikey motorsports

Track Warrior
Car
69 Mustang Coupe
Hey all!

Been a while huh, have never made the jump back to cars in last few years as bikes have kept me more than entertained, but in last month or so some stuff has happened which is making think i want to take a bit of a break from bikes and get myself something seriously fun to drive...

Im going to be on a budget of about 7k, 2.5k cash and then 4500 financed through my current finance broker ( have to sell my bike, clear the last 4500 finance and then refinance the new car) Im not prepared to add any more money to the pot, nor finance any higher than 4500, so its 7k firm!

what do i want.... well, honestly i dont know!! i have a lot of itches i want to scratch, but whatever i buy i will be paying off for next 3 years, so it has to keep my interest for at least that long! I started off looking at Audi TT 225's originally as i could pick one up for my 2.5k and not have to finance it, but i reckon it would be sold inside of 6 months and then id be in same position again!!

Im now looking at something ideally 300+bhp, good handling, and easy enough to live with as a daily car... E46 M3 for example, Porsche Boxster S, Evo 6, Skyline R33 GTST, mk5 Golf R32, something like that!

So, the question...

£7k to spend on a fast, well handling car that can ferry kids around too.... what would you buy??

I'd probably buy an Audi RS4 or something like that. A friends dad had one and my god it went. Comfy and had TV's in back! :)

tbh mate the way you used to swap cars I don't think anything will scratch that itch for 3 years!

So personally if I were you I'd stick to your £2.5k budget avoid finance get a car then work your way up there doing swaps in your favour (you seem to have a good knack for this!)

Haha!! Herb you remember me so well chap! lol

That idea does appeal to me, but im going from a 186bhp, 190+mph motorbike, to a car.... so i need lots and lots of power or im gonna get bored real quick! just not sure a 250bhp TT is going to scratch the surface!

RS4 i would definately consider if i could find a nice one in budget... M5's i have looked at, and would also def consider!

tbh mate the way you used to swap cars I don't think anything will scratch that itch for 3 years!

So personally if I were you I'd stick to your £2.5k budget avoid finance get a car then work your way up there doing swaps in your favour (you seem to have a good knack for this!)

You beat me to it herb :)

Skyline will have the most charisma and you will smile every time you return from a journey. The fuel consumption is a killer though for a daily driver. My R33 GTR would get 18mpg if very careful but to hear that straight six sing at 8k rpm was worth it.

Just re-read op and £7k will not get a good GTR but may bag a half decent GTST with some left over cash keep it on the road as they are all getting on a bit now. You may even get into R34 GTT territory for a more modern feel.

Yeah have seen a few R33 GTST with some serious mods done well inside of budget, but mostly private sales which kills the finance aspect...

The more i think about it, i think Herb and T9 may actually be onto something.... Have started Looking at Leon Cupra R's, which i would not need to finance, and coulkd take to 300+ bhp pretty easily ( half the cars for sale already have half the prerequisite mods needed to get it there) and then keep it until i get bored and do one of my brucey bonus deals....

Tbh i reckon me and the wife will go our seperate ways sooner rather than later, so rather not put the extra financial stress of finance on myself!!

Lol. Pikey I'm not making light of it but its funny how as blokes we all ignored the bit about your missus and just concentrated on cars.

Yes you should go for a leon - the 1.8t is strong and very tunable.

Im pretty well set on an LCR now, so will be a BAM engine. been a long time since i was tinkering with 20vT lumps, cant remember if the BAM was fully forged with 20mm pins or not.... ?either way ill be swapping out whatever needs swapped, quite possibly fitting an AGU big port head, deleting all the unnecessary sensors, SAI, n249 etc etc and taking the KO4 pretty much to its limits... smidge over 300bhp should be doable without massive expense so long as im clever with what i buy and where/when.

Dying to get my bike back from painters and sorted ready for sale so i can get my hands on an LCR and get stuck in!