ice install ??

gendox

Track Warrior
Car
Pug 206 LX
Ok im stripping the car out from the back of the front seats back, so imagin the carpet inbetween the seats as it goes past the chair and its just bair nothing but wires and metal. To get to the point i still want a small ice install if you have seen it i already have my amp under my passenger seat i then want 2 6x9s and 2 tweeters and i have a 1200w sub that i want in there. Now the problem is i want to have it all in the back i have alot of room. So i was thinking the sub raised up in the air mdf or even a light metal cage or just a strip of mdf from where the back seats would be and have the whole intall there any ideas ?

i understand you hadnt done it yet but was asking for pics of the trunk to get an idea what would work best. Being I am in US I dont think I have ever seen what a Rover looks like, unless we call it something else? But being you said it looks like a civic, is it a hatch or a boot/trunk?

No i dont think you got that 5dr civic ether. and i think the A4 is different.
wil have a look see if ive got any pics of where he means but i doubt it.

gendex i bolted a sheet of mdf more or less to the back of my seats to hold my 2 subs. you could do something similer, but youd need to brace it as having not seat itll be easily knoked over

two mdf boards sealed and bolted to the interior ( one on top and one on the front)would be the best option( if that is how you are doing it). you may want to look into how much space your subs require. Too much can be as bad as not enough!

Why not take out the spare wheel fiberglass it and fit the sub in there ( pretty much like what youve got the now) as this will put it in a sealed box, but leave it easy enough to remove when you want to take the weight out

When i bought my car, the original owner had done something similliar to that, but it rattled so bad i had to take it out!

i like that idea especially to save weight im gonna rehouse the battery in the boot to make room for my air filter i might drop down that audio shop that is on here err whats it called again ?

you could do it yourself, ive just fibregassed a bit alcove in my boot to fit my carpcs motherboard and HD.
strip out the spare wheel well and use masking tape to cover the whole area.
cut up strips of glass tissue (dont use the glass mat as its messier and harer to work with.
mix up some fibre glass resin ( only make up a small amount as its goes off quickly, about 5-10 mins ) and paint it over the masking tape then start putting the strips of tissue down. paint over the top with more resin.
build up a few layers of tissue and let it set for around half hour.
slowly pull your shell out and you should have a nice base for you to work with back in the house.

you could do it yourself, ive just fibregassed a bit alcove in my boot to fit my carpcs motherboard and HD.
strip out the spare wheel well and use masking tape to cover the whole area.
cut up strips of glass tissue (dont use the glass mat as its messier and harer to work with.
mix up some fibre glass resin ( only make up a small amount as its goes off quickly, about 5-10 mins ) and paint it over the masking tape then start putting the strips of tissue down. paint over the top with more resin.
build up a few layers of tissue and let it set for around half hour.
slowly pull your shell out and you should have a nice base for you to work with back in the house.

Oh i see maybe that could be a fun project i have never touched fibre glass maybe i could afford to make a few mistakes is it genrally easy to finish paint ect, how much is it ????

i hadnt ether until i thought id give fibergass a go because of the awkward shape.

1st kit i bought was £12 - this was a bottle of resin, a tube of hardener and 2 small sheets of glass mat.
i would advise buying it separately unless you can find one with tissue rather than mat.

yeah i got the kit from halfords then when i needed some more i went to, surprisingly, an ironmongers. he sold everything separate.
the mats a lot thicker and is very stringy. it makes a lot of mess when you cut it and try to paint the resin on.
the tissue on the other hand is a lot thinner, more like a thick tissue paper, and is easier to work with ( wish i had found this out 1st ). And when you paint it, it doesnt fall apart

before you do or buy anything what is it your after.do you use your boot. from what ive seen from the pic you have a fairly bigboot for an install. and can get sufficient performance if you do it rite. are you after looks or sound. what sub amps speakers headunit do you have.

for good audio advice try the guys on here
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/index.php

between them they have many years of experience. and you will find people like old skool ledgend iceman ian pinder on there.

Last edited: