How to sell a car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the best and quickest ways to sell a car?

Do listings in the local papers work for you? What about national car sales websites?

The most effective way to sell a car has been to stick a poster in the window but our local council are getting a bit funny about this (illegal trading on a street as they put it.)

i sell a lot of my cars throu ebay
have sold some off gumtree as well autotrader for me is mostly wasters so dont bother on there now

and also done a few on facebook as well
but most of my cars get sold through my work

It depends what you are selling really and I suppose if it is rare or a classic you are better off listing it in a specailist club.

You seem to get better prices from local papers and these are worth a go and autotrader will get lots of interest if the price is right but if the car is a special one you end up with loads of time wasters and test pilots.

used to use the local newspaper, but last couple of times it has been people that either knew me or one of my relatives. That said, the last car i sold to my sister boyfriend, after buying this she never heard from him again (it was a 205 Gti that had been garaged for 4 years, he was warned, it expired after going 30 miles) - my sister still hasnt really forgiven me for this!