How to decide on your next car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you decide what car to get next? I think so many people are different so here is what I do.

I pull all of the performance stats/power/economy in the class of car I want (need) say a 5 door hatch with sub 8 second to 60mph. Then to get the year and milage I will look online to see what I can get for my chosen budget.

Then I look for reviews and ratings online. After I get the list down to a few I arrange to test drive them all before deciding.

Then I look and see what's available.

I broke this rule once and bitterly regetted it:(

One car has to be comfortable and economical but with enough grunt and handling to keep me entertained. Need it for work.

The other can be anything tbh.

How much I spend will depend on the two cars I have at the time. It's as simple as that for me!

I normally buy cars which are the right price, easy to sell on when i am bored of them and few owner cars, mileage does not concern me at all. Normally high mileage prestige Marques (one max 2 owner cars) But most importantly I collect as much comparison data as I can, yeah and it has to be 10 times better than my mates car and cost 10 times less, like to wind him up because he wasted a huge ball of money on a brand new car just to impress the neighbours.........Stroker, well he is still my mate though

Last edited: