How to - cleaning your cars glass

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
How do you clean your windscreen and car windows? I've tried allsorts (not the liquorish sort) and nothing seems to remove all the grime and leave a streak free finish.

I even resorted to household window lene and this didn't improve this much either so I'm at my wits end. As the sun gets lower it gets harder to see out.

I use Windolene & newspaper to buff if up.

Here's what I do...

Wash the car.

Clean one window at at time.

Make sure the glass is cold, don't clean the glass when it's hot, you don't want the cleaner to dry before you buff it up.

Give the window a good rub down with liberal amounts of window cleaner & an old T shirt, make sure the window is still wet when your done.

When cleaning the windscreen do half at a time don't try & do the whole lot in one go because the cleaner will dry.

Then with scrunched up news paper (scrunching it makes it easier to use) give it a good polish.

Don't forget to clean your wipers too.

If your a smoker you'll need to give it more elbow grease on the inside of the windows.

If that doesn't work you could try some Glass Cut ( like T cut only for glass) you can buy it from Halfrauds. :D

Last edited:
Wash the car using shampoo including the windows
dry
then
super resin polish on the side windows - and rear if you dont have a wiper - followed by 2 coats of wax
front - and rear if you have a wiper - normal glass cleaner.

is all that i do. windscreen isnt great as you can see more marks such as chips and scratches in the sun. so the glass might well be "clean" but marked to the point where cleaning isnt going to do anything

Last edited by a moderator: