How Many of Us Have Ever Read Their "Owner's Manual" In Full?

Have you read the User Manual, cover To Cover, For Your car?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

picassoonwheels

Road Burner
Car
ZenVXI'04/SX4ZXI'09
By that I mean reading it from cover to cover, including the tidley, but lengthy inane parts, about how to take care/clean your seat-belt etc., and how to adjust the rear-view mirror...............

Lemme be honest: I have never done it, for any car that I have had. And I am sure, nor have at least 98% of people here, or anywhere else.

We usually refer to it only when we are 'at sea', with an issue or are so bored out of our minds that reading that would be considered, at least in our eyes, gainfully occupied!

True?

Lemme know.............

did it on my last car, 318i and by god was it boring lol. if i done it in bed (no dirty puns please, this is a family site lmao) i wouldnt have needed to count welsh sheep lol !! ;)

None of the above!

I have a flick through with every car. Make sure I know what all the lights on the dash mean, and what my oil should be. I hvae never read one cover to cover, but I always spend about 30 min to an hour reading it after the first wash. :amuse:

Have never ever read an owners manual, never had a car complicated enough to warrant having to read about it first. :)

Sorry but me too - in time I have always read every page from cover to cover.

Interestingly some things are out of date. Audi stipulate a cam belt change at 90,000 miles in the book but in reality they now recommend it is 60,000 or 5 years.