How many lessons to learn to drive

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many lessons did you have or how long did it take you to learn to drive? Did you pass first time?

I took a year and probably had nearly 150 lessons but I did pass first time. I also didn't have one professional lesson, it was my Step Dad that taught me to drive in the family car! He told me I was ready when he made me drive through the west end of London during rush hour! Talk about a baptism of fire!

I only had 10 official paid lessons but I went out for hours and hours in my mum's Marina estate. This is why I think people of my age (41) and older are better drivers than kids these days as we had to learn in the crappest cars imaginable. Even a bog-standard modern Corsa or Clio is light-years ahead compared to that old Marina.

My instructor told me to book my test after my first lesson.
Took 2 months to get in for a test so had 1 lesson a week until my test date came up.
So 8 or 9. Passed first time.

10 lessons (first on 17th birthday as a surprise present from parents!) to get my licence, but still learning 42 years later.

I had went to a school that gave you a driving permits at the end which you can apply for your state license after. They made you do book work along with stupid videos and several road tests that included parking lots, neighborhood, highway and, day/night driving.

Fun stuff... I don't know why they never said anything about us 15 y/o smoking cigarettes outside the building

I took 40 lessons,it was 1980 when the waitng time for a test was months so i just kept having lessons at £4.75,each passed first time!.

I wish I could comment here... :'(

Any who... I have my theory booked and ready to go on the 13th March. If I do not pass this one, I am getting a motor bike. Anyway... I was told by 3 instructers I was read for test after around 20 hours. I have had around 40 hours with my mum and that should see me through. Just need to get this theory done!!!!!

had about 15 'proper' lessons, but i failed my test first time, totally my fault. I wasn't thinking straight, got onto a dual-carriageway and assumed 70 mph speed limit. it was 50 mph. Quite a few of my friends did the same thing :s