How can you improve upon 'automotive perfection'?

Why are the environmentalists weeping? The 'production' run will be just 500 cars. None will be daily workhorses. The net detriment to environment will be nil.

I wonder if they are still selling these at a loss or the price hike is to cover costs?

I heard that they lost money on every Veyron they sold and that it was a marketing ploy.

The Veyron was a loss making product. Apparently $6.25 million US on each one sold.

I can't help wondering why VW did it this way. Someone who can afford a Veyron at over £1,000,000 could well afford to buy it for a proper price such that VW could at least break even on the project and cover costs of the whole project.

Thus the money not squandered on providing uber rich with discounted playthings could be re-invested into VW's mainstream products with a view to improving quality across the board.

This is just pandering to the uber rich elite minority. Effectively gifting someone who has loads of money and then charging me £120 for ONE parking sensor to make up the shortfall.

Last edited:
I'm sure the R&D that went into the Veyron has helped improve the Polo, Golf and UP no end!

You're still not over the cost of your parking sensors are you? ;)

I didn't bother. Not at that price. That's TEN TIMES what BMW want's for the same thing!! VW is far too big for its boots.

Is there any interchangeability or an aftermarket part that will fit and do the job?

Is there any interchangeability or an aftermarket part that will fit and do the job?

Possibly yes. I haven't really looked into it. What annoys more is that the ECU is programmed to take down the entire parking sensor array when there is only one faulty transponder. Added to which I am told it's front bumper off to replace them which is a horrific job!! VW likes to make things complex and expensive.