Honda Civic 1.4S 2003 3dr

Heya guys, im new to this forum. Im looking to purchase a 1.4i Civic 2003 3dr, as i am only 17 almost 18 insurance is still a big issue, so thats why i decided on the 1.4i, i no most of you mite laugh lol :cheesy:

I was wondering is there anywhere i can pick up a Type R replica kit, also what modifications to the engine can i do to increase performance as i understand the 1.4 is only 88bhp i think. What exhaust system, induction kits do you recommend all help will be appreciated, thanks

Paul

Alright mate, welcome to TorqueCars! Always good to see another Civic fan! Watch out with the insurance mate, us Civic owners get ripped off! The 1.4 is fair enough, a sensible start and a car that you can easily modify later on. Personally I wouldn't bother with a Type R replica kit... my view is that you shouldn't replicate the Type R because it isn't the Type R, you could easily find a nice looking kit for it anyway. I'd also wait until you've seen how much your insurance is before you increase performance as you'll be paying enough anyway. If you really want to put an exhaust system on it I would recommend a powerflow exhaust. Hope this helps mate! :bigsmile:

hey and welcome to torquecars mate

for power gains DONT bother with an induction kit or sports cat as both dont do anything for the 1.4. i learnt the hard way after spending close to £150 on my civic
the smaller engines will lose lower end power. so unless you are going to be sitting at 6900rpm (redline if i remember correctly) then you aint going to see a benefit
have a look at
http://www.torquecars.co.uk/tuning/induction-kits.php

better idea would be to look at fitting a panel filter this will give you a small gain all through the rev range.

and as a piece of advise dont follow manufactures claims. 10bhp gain by fitting this kit. more like 3-4bhp

insurance wise the civic is expensive it was a grand for me a 19 plus another £400 for a set of alloys which i was told i wouldnt get back. that was my 1st year. i tried to insure the wifes rover 25 ( similar powered 1.4) and it was only £700

Welcome to TorqueCars. Honda manage to squeeze more power of their NASP engines than most other manufacturers. So although it is "only" a 1.4 you will find you have as much power as a 1.6 from another maker. ;)

Have a look at the Polls and let us know what you think... http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f43/

ye ive done some quotes guys and the 1.4 and the 1.6 are exactly the same price, at 18 with 1 years ncb its £1150 which i dont think is 2 bad.
The only reason why i say the 1.4 is because someone at my work is sellin it for £3500 wif only 40k miles on clock regularly serviced, in black looks a minter. I really wud like the 1.6 in milano red as i think its a really nice colour, jst really cant afford £5000 for one at this moment :(

anyone else recommend anything else i can do to the 1.4 to help it along the way, any alloys people recommend for the civics as ive seen quite alot just cant quite decide.

Thanks

Paul

That's a lot to spend on a 1.4 Civic, although it is from 2003 so it's about right. You could always have it resprayed years later. Lenso RS5s are made for Civics!