Turbo a 94 Honda civic w/ 95 integra ls motor

armysoldier62

Car
94 Honda Civic
I just bought my buddies 94 Honda civic and it has a 95 Integra LS 1.8L DOHC motor in it. Im new to tuner cars and he was planning on slapping a turbo on the car. Any tips or information in general will put me miles a ahead of where I am now. Thanks :bigsmile:

Yeah that's it. I would get it handling right before boosting. Remember though that VTEC are engines are not brilliant for boosting. This is because they are high compression engines.

no the motor is not vtec, and i already know im gonna have to get lower compression pistons, valve springs and retainers, and some other stuff

no the motor is not vtec, and i already know im gonna have to get lower compression pistons, valve springs and retainers, and some other stuff

Ah. Then you have the 170bhp version I believe. The above is correct. The cooling system will need up-rating as well.

I think the head from the B18 will fit so look at a mini-me conversion as well. Then you will get turbo and VTEC.

Do you have any information on the "Password JDM Carbon Kevlar PowerChamber" Cold air intake?

I've heard good thinks about Password JDM but wouldn't bother with a 'carbon kevlar' intake. It's basically a combination of the two materials which makes it cheaper.

If you can afford it, get the AEM v2. It the UK it's around £200 which is a fair price for such a good bit of kit.