Got cut up again

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I was on a roundabout today, there were 2 lanes on, round and off the roundabout. I was on the right, a small car was on the left just ahead of me. As we approach the roundabout and enter it she cuts right into my lane.

I was half expecting it so kept back and I honked my horn. I wouldn't have minded if she'd drifted a little bit into my lane but she tried a "racing line" completely cutting into my lane and then exiting the roundabout again on the left.

Then as I pass her she gives me a black look for honking her! What is that all about! Do people really believe that they are always in the right? I felt like pulling her over and educating her driving abilities but thought better of it.

I got cut up the other day by a Golf driver. Absolutely no need for it, no indication, no nothing. I was quite close to getting out and 'educating' them but decided it wasn't worth it. It's so infuriating!

TBH i'm fed up of being cut up and it's mostly women that do it. :mad:

Sorry ladies but this is true! Open your eyes and look over your shoulder now and again! Also those wing mirror sticky out things on the side of your car have a purpose, they are NOT a fashion accessory! :blink:

Also Keep your mind on the task of driving at hand!!! :mad:

Do not concern yourself with fleeting thoughts of fancy about those red high heeled shoes with 30% off, or if Jane will go out with that new hunk in accounting? or if Betty really is pregnant or just a part time pie taster for Pukka Pies? Do I make myself clear? :blink:

Sorry, maybe I should have put this in the Rant section :embarrest:

hehehehehe

i thought that cut up was a "normal" english driving style as i am always being cut up ! lol

HORN powaaaaa

Sorry ladies but this is true! Open your eyes and look over your shoulder now and again! Also those wing mirror sticky out things on the side of your car have a purpose, they are NOT a fashion accessory! :blink:

Do not concern yourself with fleeting thoughts of fancy about those red high heeled shoes with 30% off, or if Jane will go out with that new hunk in accounting? or if Betty really is pregnant or just a part time pie taster for Pukka Pies? Do I make myself clear? :blink:

Hear hear.

My Dad describes people who drive around oblivious to what's going on around them as; thumb up arse, mind in neutral. :amuse:

Just lately all the women have been driving like this.
Tunnel vision or too busy texting. :mad:

I scared the living daylights out of a young lass the other day at a set of light on a dual carriageway.
Was sat at the side of her and she'd got a head buried in her phone so I honked my horn.
Thought she was going to eject herself as she jumped up and nearly hit her head on the roof. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Was priceless. ;)

Don't even get me started on women texting while driving :mad::embarrest:

Get this a lot Driving in Canterbury as The Ring Road around the City limits in 2 miles has 4 roundabouts and if for e.g. I'm going for 3rd exit the Bus Drivers feel that i am invisible and just merge onto me! so I play back I get ahead of the bus and sit there at 10 mph all the way to the A2 about 1.5 miles! Tit for tat tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

To be fair to women drivers, their cars are normally powered by fairy dust so they don't need to concentrate 100% of the time. :lol:

I get this three or four times a day, almost every day so I find it odd you feel the need to post about it. I thought it was a just accepted as the "normal" way to drive these days, not that I do it mind as it still really gets my gonads.

Some people drive around totally obliviouse of what goes around them,today i followed a micra through a lane,she was doing 8 mph,didnt know i was behind her,i beeped she looked in her mirror carried on then pulled in to let me pass and flicked me the Vs as i went past as if it was my fault,ooh forgot to mention she stopped at every field gate and looked in then carried on,her back bumper was held on by gaffer tape!!.
I do think some drivers need to be more awhere of whats around them !!!.

Get this a lot Driving in Canterbury as The Ring Road around the City limits in 2 miles has 4 roundabouts and if for e.g. I'm going for 3rd exit the Bus Drivers feel that i am invisible and just merge onto me! so I play back I get ahead of the bus and sit there at 10 mph all the way to the A2 about 1.5 miles! Tit for tat tbh

you do realise how long buses are and that they will struggle to stay in a lane, really gets me when folk moan about buses and wagons for cutting lanes on roundabouts or going into a left hand lane and heading right, they aint going to get round easy.

as for being cut up by cars, like MA says it happens that often i dont even really notice it now

The last time someone cut me up they got a little tap up the rear, it was a reminder that 2250kg of Landy was on them and the driver was not best pleased! I suppose it can be quite intimidating seeing a stainless steel bull-barred Disco on yo ass! :cheesy:

The last time someone cut me up they got a little tap up the rear, it was a reminder that 2250kg of Landy was on them and the driver was not best pleased! I suppose it can be quite intimidating seeing a stainless steel bull-barred Disco on yo ass! :cheesy:

I shall avoid your home area from now on stamford, my rear is made of carbon fibre and fibre glass! :blink:

I would feel quite intimadated if i saw that in my rear view mirror!.

i got rid of my disco a couple of years ago(nothing special just a 2"lift and a snorkel). you,ve brought all the good memories flooding back of what a great piece of kit it was.