Good deeds for other car owners

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Lets all set out with the aim of doing a good deed to help another motorist this week.

Post up your good deeds in here!

I helped a neighbour (elderly but very friendly) to find his windscreen washer bottle top up etc (it was actually well hidden) and I also checked and topped up his other fluid levels for him. So I get a gold star this week!

Went and diagnosed the aircon fault on the girlfreinds grandparents Civic. Gold star for me too :)

Showed one of the local chavs, exactly what a tuned Rover diesel can really do!!

Does that count?:p

Cheers
Dave

One thing i did do, is get a neighbours diesel Ford Galaxy started.

I just happened to be driving past, and asked if he was needing a a jump start.

(in broken english, as he was italian (he probably still is as well:p)) the guy said it will turn over, but not fire.
So i suggested he cracked off each injector nut in turn, and crank the engine over. With just the first one cracked off, after a few cranks, the diesel lump spluttered into life!!

I was well chuffed, he couldn't stop thanking me, and slapping my back!!

Cheers
Dave

I got a young man out of his car after it crashed into a truck in lane 1, then the central reservation between J6 and J7 on the M11. I had to run across 3 live lanes.

Then I waited with him for the recovery truck after every one else buggered off.

The I drove him to his girlfriend's house as it was almost on my way home.

Do I get a gold star?

I saw he had a puncture as he over took me, and about a mile later it went up in smoke and that, as they say, was that.

My good deed for the day was not getting out of the car on the way home at the toll booth and punching the living daylights out of the prat who had just blasted past me, slammed his brakes on as he wasn't looking at the traffic and then had to drive as slow as everyone else due to the tunnel and it's 30 mph restriction. I thought my restraint was superb, aided by the cameras at the booths. I do consider that to be a very good deed indeed. If the same young chap does it again though, i will rip his throat out and throw it in the Tamar. :)