Fuel injector experts opionions wanted

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I am about to get car dyno tuned again and have a set of cleaned and flo tested Sard 800cc and Bosch 670cc and am hoping to get close to 400 hp ATW. from my TC 2323CC 4G63.
which would be the best ones to use and why?? spray pattern ??:confused:
Would appreciate info from qualified people :)

assuming that injection principles are the same for nissan and starions.........

Im sure you know that you dont want to max out the injectors so probably want a 10% safety margin . So for 500bhp a safe injector size would be around 550.

400kw is roughly 540bhp and if that at the wheel lets say that is 600-625bhp at the flywheel

On a RB26 the calculation works out as roughly roughly 1bhp (flywheel) per cc - so assuming it is the same or close on your car if we add the 10% to 620 it looks like 680s are spot on

large injectors like 1000s often dont have that good a spray pattern because it is more difficult to produce a nice spray pattern with a larger hole. That is why a lot of high power cars fit double rails.

You can always swop injectors later so assuming the bosch pattern is good I think that is the best bet.

lot of assumptions there I know but I cant see things being much different

I would prefer to have my injectors @ app 80% max duty cycle.
The Sards have twin spray against the single spray of the Bosch ones so it would be important to ensure the Sards are installed so the sprays are directed at the divided inlet ports so each get the same amount of fuel for the best result IMHO

To change them over requires a different harness as the injector plugs are different.
I could get adapters that would do the job but would prefer to do it the best way if I decide to use the Sards and then I would need a retune as well to check the fuel maps.

Last edited:
Maybe Nissans are different but all the uk tuners I have spoken to agree think that 10% is a safe margin . Of course you should do things the way you think best.

If you are looking for 80% max usage then assuming 1cc per bhp atf works for your car I doubt the 680s will be big enough.
1000s may well be overkill and as said before large injectors dont always have a great spray pattern

How about two sets mounted on two fuel rails?

Standard set to maintain patterns in general usage with the high flow set cutting in when you're at 80% of the stock fuellers

How about two sets mounted on two fuel rails?

Standard set to maintain patterns in general usage with the high flow set cutting in when you're at 80% of the stock fuellers
My injectors are not stock I think that the std VR4 turbo ones were app 440cc.

I'm planning to run 8x Mototron INJ GAS 006 injectors (high impedance)
630cc/min at 43.5psi and 890cc/min at 87psi

520bhp (my turbocharged engine) will require 554cc/min so room for upgrades :)

Last edited:
I'm planning to run 8x Mototron INJ GAS 006 injectors (high impedance)
630cc/min at 43.5psi and 890cc/min at 87psi

520bhp (my engine) will require 427cc/min so plenty of room for upgrades :)

Steve you have way way bigger budget than me:amazed:;):bigsmile: