Find out if a car is insured

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Here is an interesting link. Ok so it's for those in the UK but it will tell you if a car is insured and listed in the motor insurers database.

http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx

If you know or suspect any cars on your street as being uninsured you can check it and report it to your local police.

There are obviously exceptions and traders or fleet policies may not always show up. Plus recently taken out policies or recently expired policies may not show.

Phew I'm insured!:blink1:

Thats really handy and extremely quick, worth using this when going to buy a car just as a supplementary check - but of course still hpi it.

well i just checked and im insured when im not :confused: my car hasnt been insured since the end of july so i think this site may take along time to update its data base!!!

Its not the car that is insured anyway, Its the driver. The car is covered by a drivers policy. So that site is in breach of privacy.

not quite true in america its the person thts insured and a premiums added for each additional car.

in the UK its the car thats insured for the named persons on the policy. ie i cant go out buy a car and have instant insurance on that. (3rd party clause doesnt work as i believe that the car must be insured in the 1st place )