Fiddling around with buttons n things

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What controls do you play with with the most when you are driving?

Some people seems to fiddle endlessly with their radios, others switch through the trip computer looking at MPG average MPG etc, miles to go and average speed seem pretty irrelevant to me.

Then I've known people to play with sat nav, air con settings and even their seats whilst driving.

Some prefer to just set it and forget it and never fiddle, so are you a fiddler and what do you fiddle with?

I love trip computers, I switch between MPG average and current quite a lot! That's my vice!

I tend to leave the aircon as it is but the radio gets a fiddle now and then if theres nothing much on!

For me it is the Parrot hands free kit which also plays my iPod through it. I am lucky that a few functions on the kit work via voice command.

I only tend to fiddle when playing with the voice commands in the Disco, there are so many! Otherwise I tend to leave alone once set.

^^ Indeed the same here Mick, my dashboard is extremely busy with buttons and gizmos - must be the fighter jet influence of SAAB I suppose. Once I get in the car I don't have to touch much, even if it is a certain temperature below 6 degrees then the rear & front demisters and heated wing mirrors activate automatically.

Currently I get in start the engine turn the rear screen on change the mfd to range turn the heated seat on then that's it if I want so change the radio I do it via the steering wheel