Fastest British production cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the top 5 most powerful British cars? (Current models or out of production models.)

I think there are more candidates for this that are no longer in production or that no longer count as a British car.

A car must have had a production run of 100 models to count so this rules out 1 off tuner specials.

(I'll leave the definition of "British Car" up to you which is a debate in itself ....)

I think a bit more clarification may be needed

Made in uk or assembled in UK ?
same with engine as in american V8 etc in a uk car ? If you are not counting non brit engines it could take quite a while.
And presumably you do mean road cars and engine as it came out the factory ?
And powerful means just that not 0-100 or whatever ?

The mclaren mc1 has to be in there (could even be a list of them ) and they do manage all of the above
Possibly a noble or two as long as the engines doesnt disqualify them.(choose your rules)

Last edited:
I'm not sure ?-/

I am so out of touch with what is out there it is just embarrassing :oops: I shall get some research in and get back to you :)

I would have nominated a Noble,the 1 with a Volvo motor, Can remember the hamster driving one of them some time ago.

The latest noble has more bhp (650ush) than any of the mclarens but if we stick to all British then I cant see anything beating the m claren