Ever had a hard to track down fault on your car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever had one of those hard to track down faults on your car?

My previous Audi was losing power everytime I lifted off the throttle. It turned out to be a fault brake pedal sensor telling the car the brakes were on and it was cutting fuel to employ engine braking. It wasn't until I discovered the brake lights were on that we worked out the problem.

Another weird fault on an S6 Audi was the dashboard lit up with faults everytime the brake was pressed. This eventually turned out to be a faulty bulb causing some kind of fluctuating short! Changed the bulb and the car was back to normal.

Was competing in an event 3 years ago where the motor went dead like the ignition was turned off and rolled past the finish line and checked all fuel & ignition fuses & connections and tried to start it multiple times almost flattening the smallish battery in the process :eek: without any signs of life :mad: wile waiting for the local auto sparkie to arrive and after app 45 minutes decided to try 1 last time and lo and behold it started and has been fine ever since.:confused: :)