Driving conditions.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Right this is based directly on personal preference.
So my question is.................
What driving conditions do you prefer to drive in. Ie Hot day sunshine, Rainy day etc etc.
Me personally like driving at night. But I like driving in the rain much more. It's much more demanding when having an enthusiastic drive down the many country lanes near me. I've had a few little races with different cars and it seems my Focus is very much up to the job in the wet as it shows up some higher powered cars.
But back to the question. What outside conditions do your prefer to drive in?
Not on the track on the public roads.

tn69 have to agree with you - wet weather is great, also very heavy fog is a real challenge. bets for me though is snow, just love driving in it.

Depends where I'm going to be honest.

I like early morning starts in late spring, say getting on the move by 5am with a destination I'll reach by 10am. It;s not so much fun when you're going to encounter the rush between 7.30am and 9am along your route.

But if that destination is something I don't like then the drive is no fun at all.

I also like solitary driving particularly - an empty car is great company in the early hours of daylight. Late night and into the wee small hours is also good. So long as you haven't got to be up at 4.30am the next day.

As for conditions, well, early spring can bring a multitude of different weathers.

Driving in thrashing rain whilst comfortably sat in a warm and dehumidified car, in comfortable seats, making quiet progress at indecent speeds listening to (in my case Radio4) is quite pleasant.

Snow!!

Both my cars are 4wd - and its awsome fun. Turns all the hilly country lanes around here into one moohasive off-road course :D

Hot sunshine for me with the radio on and window down on a twisty coastal road! Nothing comes close for me (as long as the tiwsty coastal road is clear!)

I've been really lucky over the years and due to my last employment have had the opportunity of driving all over the world. In deserts, the Arctic with snow and ice, full off road stuff, just about everywhere really.
I must admit that i miss driving in Northern Norway in the winters. That was such good fun, very demanding and obviously every bit of concentration needed, you couldn't get complacent there but it was probably the best driving experience of all. We used to do skidpan training every year prior to deployment and if you were lucky you would get on the Norwegian civilian skid pan course too when out there.
Night time driving out there was an experience of it's own, especially up North with the beauty of the Northern lights to stop and gaze at.
It was a bit different out on skis at night with temperatures cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass monkey, still good fun though.