Driverless car review launched by UK government

Here's a thought.

At the minute when you come to a small roundabout and other cars approach at the same time, there's a mexican standoff as we all wait for the other person to go. Eventually someone breaks that and we all move.

Will the driverless cars wait forever, will they debate electronically with each other about who has precedence?

There are lots of dilemmas such as this which will have to be considered. I assume however, that driverless cars will communicate with each other on a peer-to-peer basis so that decisions such as this will be made collectively.

Driverless cars will be able to 'see' each other even through obstructions and around corners because every driverless car will broadcast its own location speed and direction (all of which will be determined by GPS).

Not sure I'd rush to buy a driverless carbut it's a very interesting project nonetheless.

I wonder if you could use your mobile phone, watch movies or read a paper if you happened to be in a driverless car? Does the current law contain enough flexibility to allow for this? Is it safe to 100% trust the car to drive?