do you think you could pass the theory test ?

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
had a go at the new theory test recently and passed, anyone else think they could pass it and the hazard perception now after so many years of not studying etc ????

Yes - no problems at all. I had a good old go at it a year or so back helping a friend whilst she was learning to be a registered driving instructor.

Some of it is a bit silly though - the hazard perception test is rubbish. If you over anticipate something (that actually does pan out and happen anyway) you get marked down.

That's stupid - it's supposed to be a perception test, not a reaction test.

Now if i'm honest without studying I doubt I can recall the stopping distances at 70,50 and the like, and I learned these in feet! I might just scrape through on points but I'd really expect to get 100% right.

Facts like this are irrelevent to driving but I should be spot on with other relevent things like road signs, junctions, lane discipline.

With a sneeky peek at the HW code before hand I'm confident I could pass it!

Of course.Regularly scored 100% when my son was learning to drive.Not so sure about the practical exam though.lol.

yes i passed it last year as it was requirement for military driving license

got to do another test for military have you ?
is it the same as the civillian one ? learn somthing new all the time on here. not that im thinking of joining up, but good too know. if its the same test though why do you have to sit another one for ?

pretty much the same one on a computer but theres less question on it. its now a requirement that we have to pass a test on the highway code every 5 years

Thought i would have no problem, though i was wrong, the theory is fine, though the hazard perception is terrible, i failed several of the practice ones just now due to reacting too soon.

HDi has it right about the test not dealing with perception. one of the sample tests had the example of a cyclist pulling out in front of you from a junction, after approaching at speed. i clicked as soon as the speeding bike user appeared in my vision, as i knew he was about to cross my path. i failed. evidently he only became a hazard once he had crossed the line of his roads junction.

i got the feeling i would have dealt with the situation better than the driver in the video. more thought is needed on this matter. if the minimum standard is that demonstrated in such clips, then the standard is not high enough.

Huh, need to brush up on arm signals again.

Transposed slowing and turning left.

Other than that, 48/50 :D

(That was from Loz's link)