do the police know????

306Livingston

Wrench Pro
Car
Peugeot 306 1.6 XS
are the police able to tell what kind of insurance you have. my mate was wondering if they were able to tell if it was just a provisional holder driving with insurance.

if he got insurance himself on a provisional licence are they able to tell the differance?

Yep & I think they also know if you've declared all your mods because the that's the impression I got when the fuzz pulled me over just now! :lol: They just wanted to make sure the car wasn't nicked. Btw, I was being a good boy. :bigsmile:

Depends which Police car you go past. If it's an ANPR camera fitted car then yes it will show up on their screen. But it wouldn't flag up a warning so they'd have to be looking at the time of going past you.;)

Fair point, but the main thing is, by which ever means they use be it on board computer or calling back to base, they have all your information to hand.

You can pick up an awful lot of what toys the police have at their disposal just by watching some of the many shows on tv...

Dammit TN you beat me to it! :lol:

Also from experience, but look at this way. They know when you have points on your licence & they know if you've been banned, so their also going to know if your driving on a provisional.

The ANPR, nor a details request via radio will not tell them who the driver is.

So if the car is not reported stolen and is not being driven in a way which attracts their attention they will be extremely unlikely to stop it.

Very true HDI but it will tell them who is insured on the vehicle. Like for example if the vehicle is insured by a male and they see a female driver then they are going to pull it over. If they notice that is.

Police are getting alot better these days, I hate when people are driving without insurance.

Police now have these computers in their cars and it reads the Reg on the car and it'll come back on the computer who the owner is, If it Tax and Mot and even what kind of insurance is on the car.

Thats why first thing they most likely to ask you "Are you the owner of the car" ..... If you say No and it came back on the computer the car is only covered third party then they have you straight away!

On Another thing I'll point out about police while I'm here. They have got new Speed Camera Vans, and they have capture you 1 KiloMile away and also has camera's on the sides on the van

The van you mention is in Bedfordshire.

LiDAR has always worked at distances of up to 1km. The biggest problem for the police is proving accuracy of targetting.

But they can't get you if they can't see you. And if they can see you, you can see them. So it should be fairly hard to get caught. Especially if you stick within the posted speed limits, whereupon it would be impossible

try watching the telly programes like police interceptors, they get all the info on the driver in a couple of mins.

i cannot belive that you are planning to drive uninsured on a provisional licence.

The van you mention is in Bedfordshire.

LiDAR has always worked at distances of up to 1km. The biggest problem for the police is proving accuracy of targetting.

But they can't get you if they can't see you. And if they can see you, you can see them. So it should be fairly hard to get caught. Especially if you stick within the posted speed limits, whereupon it would be impossible

Yeah the First Van out on Partol was Bedforshire but they must have been a hit as they are more of them out there. I spotted one here in Dundee, I didn't know they were always read a distance of 1km, but no they aren't going underground so like HDI said, should be hard and really not paying attention to get caught :p

The van mounted LiDAR systems have a better chance than handheld for reasons of accuracy of targetting. I cannot imagine the chances of targetting with a handheld at a mile's distance.

If you truly think you've been wrongly accused then defend it.

If you think/know you're guilty then best just to pay up. And slow down.