Do people enjoy getting lifts from you

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I have some friends who seem to strike fear into the hearts of anyone they offer a lift to.

Do people enjoy getting a lift in your car? Do you want them to enjoy it or is this a way to keep the car exclusively for you? Do you have any friends who you would never accept a lift from?

it depends on how often they ask for a ride. if it is a once in a blue moon type of thing and in about the same direction then they enjoy it. but if it is constant, depending on the vehicle, they may not enjoy the trip. I like to take off-road "short cuts" in my truck, some of em not even goats will go along and i enjoyed sliding around corners in my z (but only if it was late and no one was around). not going to put a random person in jepordy so i can have some fun.

I used to get invited out because I was the one who had a car! This is not fair you dont need needy friends like that. Some offered money for a ride which is ok by me I would happily give them lifts.

every one like my car and sometimes my driving
all on if i am in a racy mood then the turbo is always running but if not never comes in

and all goes on how much you talk as well never go fast when talking

It depends if I want them to remain loyal passengers.

I can put a passenger far from their comfort zone long before either I or the car is at the limit of its performance envelope.

:)

Some of my so called friends just get in touch when they need a lift somewhere or like Xavier just invite me because I can drive.
But I beat them at their own game (would go into details but its quite boring) but most of my mates have got cars so don't need to sponge lifts of me.

Most of my friends enjoy being in my car although a few get nervy at higher speeds. For example I have a friend who once insisted I should slow down because there were cars on the other (yes...other) side of the road! I was going 60 on a straight country lane! I also have a couple mates who encourage me to put my foot down. :lol: But my attitude has always been that risking my own life is one thing, but risking other people's lives is completely different.

Well when I drive people in the van at work, I drive carefully and ty to drive comfortably for the passengers. My friends do enjoy a ride from me because I tend to drive rather slow when driving normally, and this way we can hold up a conversation.