diagnosis needed for clanking noise help!!

marco

:confused: i have an 05 1.6i vtec civic sport and there is a clanking, rattling noise coming from the gearbox/starter motor but the noise goes away when the clutch is pressed in, there is no deteriation in performance but noise getting worse, anyone have any ideas????

not got a clue i would say its something to do with the clutch or gearing as it goes away when the clutch is dipped

at work when a bearing is on its way out it starts to squeal away when it collapse it just grinds and the bearings fall out or worse it just seizes and wont move for anything

id get it to a mechanic, that you get on with see if they can work out what it is without charging a fortune like Honda will , and get it checked out before it causes more damage.
that is if it is a bearing

I'd go with the bearing as well. The longer you leave it the more damage will be done. In my toyota I noticed a slight rattle. At this point if I'd gone for a lubrication service it would be fine but I left it and ended up replacing the bearing, and clutch and the syncro ring had become excessively worn.