Cars you always wanted but missed.

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
So, what are the cars you always wanted but somehow missed the boat on? I don't mean fantasy cars Astons, Ferraris, lol, unless you're rather well off, I mean cars you could have bought but didn't, life got in the way, and always regret.

For me I can think of a few:

A battleship grey Saab 900 turbo - had to be that colour.
Civic Type-R, and not the original funnily enough, I always wanted an FN2, performance and high-tech toys.
Subaru Impreza STI - well it's the mutts nuts isn't it? Never fancied its rival the Evo though, somehow too technical for me.

Unless I win the lottery and can afford any car I want I'll never have any of those. Shame. :(

mk1 golf gti
Mk2 golf ralley
Mk1 & 2 astra gte
Clio Williams
Lancia delta intergralle
Sierra cosworth
Toyota celica gt4 the st195
To name a few

The biggest regret was letting a mk1 Lotus Cortina go. I was about to buy it but my insurance company said no at the time. This was 1984 when such cars were worthless, the owner had traded up to an RS2000 and the Lotus was going for £650 and was mint! :sad2:

UR Audi Quattro Turbo was another, nearly bought one when they were again reasonably cheap. Ended up getting a 200T instead, family thing! Ever since Life On Mars they too have gone daft.

For me it would have been the original Audi Quattro Turbo. I had to put a stereo system and an alarm on it for a main dealer back in the day.
Took it for a road test to test for radio interference as you do ;) and it was love at first sight but unfortunately way out of my price range on a students grant. Who knows, maybe one day!

Many years ago now, I was offered a DB4 at a very affordable price, instead I chose to have more bikes and as it was, cars didn't really do it for me then anyway. I also had the chance of an TWR XJS.
However, the only car that ever had a sort of hold on my imagination was the Lotus Europa, I always thought that was a beautiful looking little motor.

well I wanted an ST220 for many years but now the price of fuel makes it a very bad idea for an every day car, Also I wanted a Fiat Coup for a long time but someone put me off and the dream was shattered.

Not so much money... But my age.

I've always wanted a Subaru Impreza. Not the saloon model, but the estate! I love them!
Clio Williams, in the blue with gold alloys
MG ZS 2.5 V6

One day... :love:

ST24 in 2003 when they were still expensive brought a zetec s with same bodykit for about 3 grand less it looked the same but had 2.0 lump.
Managed to get the ST in 2010 for banger money and still got it:)