Bring back Revs

Bring back Revs

• Total voters

blacklineninja

Track Warrior
Does anyone else miss this great magazine?

I know after the silly "all show and no go" phase between 2000 - 2004 it went downhill a little, but at the start of 2005, just as it was starting to return to it's former brilliance, Emap saw fit to axe it.

Now that Max Power's turned it's back on the scene it kick-started, opting instead to feature Bentley Continental GT's and god knows what else that I'll never afford, surely it's time we got back a magazine for the bloke trying to build a decent car on his driveway, whilst still having to do a dull 9-5 job for a living and pay off a mortgage? A magazine that shows you how to do stuff yourself that you thought would be impossible. A magazine that explained everything, so whether you'd been reading for years or had only just learned that cars exist, you'd be able to follow and understand it?

Is it just me? Or is this a petition worth starting?

There is a new magazine called I think "Performance Tuner" which is int he style of the old Cars and Car Conversions mags. Very informative, no lady skin and mental engine conversions! :wink:

Not looked recently but are there any comparably good magazines that would replace revs?

Not bought it for some time now but Practical Classics is very good for restoration tuition. They have monthly articles on fabrication, engine building, parts assembly etc. They cover older car's obviously but have moved into 1980s 1990s car's and the practical skills are transferable I should think.