Breakdown services

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you with a breakdown service? If so which level of cover do you have, have you ever had to call them out and what was the service like?

I've been an AA member for years and years, so long in fact that I get free homestart cover now.

When I had the rover they got called out quite a bit and the drivers were all very helpful. It was quick when things were quiet but the response took a lot longer when we had the snow and Ice but they had loads of calls so that is to be expected.

I'm with the RAC.
I've got home start and i've had them out twice to my house and they was very helpful.
I get a courtesy car too if they can't fix at the side of the road.;)

wifes with the AA and ive got cover through that, couldnt tell you the level thou think its roadside and breakdown just no homestart. never had to use them although parent have guy was more than helpful and knew the problem within 5 mins of arriving even went to the garage to make sure he had got it right

The AA with absolutely everything on it! home-start, relay stay-mobile,
breakdown repair multi vehicle. Her indoors is also covered under my card.

Oh! they also do another service which I have on (I did say everything!) if your car has been regularly serviced, for an additional £50 annual payment. If you breakdown and call them out they will cover the parts and labour and VAT up to £500 per incident. So if the battery or alternator dies for instance! no silly bills! But you have to call them out as it is like a verification process! plus, you don't have to pay the money out first and try to claim it back afterwards! Bonus :bigsmile:

Oh! another heads up! at the end of the year about a month before the payment is due to come out on DD they send you a silly quote for the services! they then call you one week later were you can haggle them down 25% from their first cheeky quote with no problem whatsoever!
Happy days :bigsmile:

I use GEM. One of the best (and cheapest) that there is.

No messing about, they'll send a vehicle out to you from the nearest garage that they work with to repair or tow you. You pay, then they repay.

Last year the AA came out to me within 15 minutes and I was back on the road in another 10! Very impressed with that service.

I have towing with my auto insurance it has saved my but several times. The last one was a bolt worked loose on my linkage and the transmission was stuck in park. Thanks Geico