Bhp per ton calculator

Interesting, need to take mine to a weigh bridge as I have no idea what it weighs now since I have stripped it to its current level.

Simple and fun, but not accurate, obviously. There is a 2 second discrepancy between the 1/4 times produced by this and my software :)

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/quarter-mile-time.php
ras.gif

YAY! It took a lot of work to arrive at such a simple but elegent solution. Glad we're not too far out then.

Is mine 0.5 seconds slower or faster than the "Real" time OG?

I might have to get mine onto a weighbridge just out of curiosity! I think there is one at the local council recycle waste depot. It would be good to have a rough idea before I take her to the Pod ;)

As long as you can find a private half mile straight section of tarmac :)

Simulation software is mainly used for what-if scenarios. It allows you to play around with combinations prior to actually forking out serious money. The sim software won't be spot on with the ET/mph but it is a great help with such things as gear and final drive ratios.

Last edited:
As long as you can find a private half mile straight section of tarmac :)

Simulation software is mainly used for what-if scenarios. It allows you to play around with combinations prior to actually forking out serious money. The sim software won't be spot on with the ET/mph but it is a great help with such things as gear and final drive ratios.

A sophisticated model with many variables simulated would be useful for this purpose but this one is just a little toy really.

A sophisticated model with many variables simulated would be useful for this purpose but this one is just a little toy really.

Agreed. Mine has just over 300 variables. I keep looking at the latest versions of a couple of sims, but can't quite press the button to spend £100. Sounds a lot, but how much are Playstaion and X-box games these days? :)

Agreed. Mine has just over 300 variables. I keep looking at the latest versions of a couple of sims, but can't quite press the button to spend £100. Sounds a lot, but how much are Playstaion and X-box games these days? :)

So it sounds like you have convinced yourself OG, when are you buying the latest version then ;)

Doesn't matter how good the sims are, they can't account for my crap driving...lol

Oh, yes they can :) Gear change times and throttle response can be adjusted to suit the skill of the driver - Also his weight :)