Car Suspension Calculator

C

cristoball50

HI

Im currently programming a car suspension calculator for fun and wanted some ideas, feedback... from you guys to tailor it. I built the suspension for a formula student car at university and now I am looking at building a calculator to help with this... Basically, the way I currently envisage it is that the user enters car properties such as masses, acceleration... and using this data the calculator outputs things like what the forces are on the springs, then using that data they can use the spring function in the calculator to work out which springs to use.

With respect to this whole idea, I was thinking of adapting it from formula student (university ) cars to the tuning world. However, I am unaware of what difficulties and requirements are faced when tuning an already built car (suspension related). So if you guys give me some input I can try and make it. Also if there is anything like this already it'd be helpful if you can point this out so I can see what not to waste my time making.

In case anyone wants to use the first version (only been working on this for 1 week) it will continue for whole year, 4th yr project at uni, the link is below. Currently it only does the maths for a 2stage spring if you input the forces, its quite sloppy at moment.

pix-e.net/calculator.htm