Best bits of car shows

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the best bits of car shows?

Do you go for the track actions, demonstrations or stunts, just to see the cars (if so what sort), to see the girls or just for the all inclusive experience?

What is the best show you've done this year then and why?

For me BHP performance show was great, plenty of track action, masses of quality modified cars and some drift demonstrations. Plus the weather was really good.

A lot of shows can be chavvy plastic fantastic. There were some brilliant shows this year though. I like shows with track action like santa pod and Brands. It gives you something to watch rather than just be walking around all day long.

i do like something going on but most of the shows i go to are walk around looking at the cars and stands but are all yank cars cant stand the chavvy shows
but only good thing about them shows are the girls were you do see them so much at yank shows

but i do do a lot of them in the summer nearly one every week or every other week

I quite like looking around at other Civics to see what they've done. I will generally concentrate on the Jap stands but some of the Euro stuff catches my eye too (the vehicle that I remember most from last years shows was a VW Camper Van). I like a little snoop around the trade area as well but tend not to get anything. I quite like the social occasion a show brings as well.

However, a lot of shows are ruined by the 'Max Power' theme going on. Too many 1.0L Corsas with money spent on everything but the performance.

Some form of entertainment is all well and good, but it get's very similar show to show. I can only watch drag racing for so long before I get bored.

Only show I've been to this year ended up being ISTS at Donington which had a good mix of everything, styled cars and tuned cars to look at, some track action, some totty AND i got to hoon around in a Lambo!

I like to go and look at the cars, I'm into styling and tuning myself, so it's always fun for me to chat with the owners about their cars. And I try and bag myself some bargains on stuff for my car too.

Best show for me was probably Donington 2006, although for a sheer excuse to put on a #!#!#!#! show, nothing beat Max Power Live the same year - the Saturday was blisteringly hot and all the little dolly birds were in bikinis or underwear. Grrrr!!! :) Call me fickle, but I'm a guy, I can't help it!!!