Are motorists the main CO2 producers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Green campaigners would have us beleive that cars are bad. Commonly people are led to beleive that cars produce most of the Co2 emissions and need to be kerbed.

Do you beleive this? What facts can you find that exonerate the poor old tax bearing motorists.

No i dont believe this, coal fired power stations supplying industry are the heaviest producers of CO2 products which is why the govt is trying to change to "clean" energy - by far the most efficient is nuclear but a number of backward looking govts think it is too dangerous. I work in the steel industry and by far the biggest polluters are steel mills in developing countries - car drivers are saints in comparison. Not just air pollution but water pollution etc... Idiot green campaigners want more windmills built - windmills are made of steel so this has to firstly be produced, they are then shipped halfway across the world because it is cheaper to produce in Vietnam and then ship them to Europe - perhaps they should impose heavier fines on this instead of the poor hard done by motorists.

Far more CO2 is vented during the production of a car than it will ever emit during its lifetime on the road.

So all those green folks had better not be changing cars every 2 years to comply with the latest emissions standards.

And I hope none of them has EVER taken a holiday abroad.

volcanoes produce more co2 a year then man does
so it does not matter what we do in a way yes we are speeding the process up a touch but not by much

so bring out all the old cars that are chucking loads of co2 out so we can have hot summers lol

I think generally speaking, the man in the street's biggest chunk of carbon-footprint comes not from his car(s) but from the fact that most UK homes leak heat like a sieve.

Blame the Luftwaffe for not flattening more of our homes, forcing us to rebuild with cavity walls etc. I know it's the norm now, but pre-WW2 houses are legion, most of which are solid brick. If we'd only accept more wood in our construction standards, and weaned ourselves of this 'bricks and mortar' mentality sooner, we'd be wasting a lot less fuel.

Good job they don't graduate council tax in the same way that VED is calculated!

Last edited:
As long as you don't try spending them in North Norfolk, cos it won't be there!

I quite like North Norfolk, Yep, chilly, even in Summer but get away from Cromer and Yarmouth and there's a loverly rural and coastal region to be discovered. Best go there in late Autumn when the bulk of tourists have gone home and enjoy the delights of fresh fish and shellfish landed that day. I adore Sheringham - gorgeous little coastal town.

Now, to CO2, global warming etc etc.

THERE'S ONLY EIGHTY YEARS WORTH OF OIL LEFT ANYWAY SO THE DAMAGE MANKIND CAN DO IS LIMITED BY THAT ALONE.

So, let's enjoy those eighty years :)

i seem to remember 4-5 years ago during elections, a group of greenies attacking people at a petrol station in the 3-counties (was on bbc look east), they were hurling abuse at anyone filling up... then they got back in their old '60's bus and drove off in a big black cloud of smoke... kind of illustrates the hyprocrisy of these 'die' hards... should they not be off up in scotland reforesting the large unused green spaces? surely activities like this would be more productive and beneficial than attacking drivers who do not have a choice in how to get to work...
If you got a nice big car, plant some trees in your garden and drive guilt free...

the reason why theres global warming has nothing to do with carbon

the reason why its getting hotter and the icecaps are melting, isbecause the sun is getting closer to the earth,

turn on discovery from time to time and watch astronamy, it will paint a better picture

if thats the case about co2, we should all be fried by now

It's just cyclic. The Green squad seem to have made a couple of silly assumptions.

1. Mankind is not powerful enough to destroy the planet;

2. Mankind is not powerful enough to save the planet.

By all means be conscientious about how much fuel you use - car and domestic. Be mindful of not using too many needless carrier bags.

But this lot take everything to extreme. Nothing is done rationally

It's just cyclic. The Green squad seem to have made a couple of silly assumptions.

1. Mankind is not powerful enough to destroy the planet;

2. Mankind is not powerful enough to save the planet.

By all means be conscientious about how much fuel you use - car and domestic. Be mindful of not using too many needless carrier bags.

But this lot take everything to extreme. Nothing is done rationally

well said, we have no control over our solar system, and we never will