alfa 2.4 derv.....am I loosing my mind considering one???

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
I've been hankering after an european hatch for a while now and have, stumbled upon a 2005 alfa 156 2.4 derv. 150k miles aprox. . Possibly overpriced . At £1800 156 sportswagen Ti . I can't get it out of my head! Any thoughts on my predicament . Thank you

Last edited:
I really like these cars. The engines are pretty solid as well as far as i have heard and the power and torque are very good. Mileage @150k is getting on a bit but like anything, if its been looked after it will be fine for a good few miles yet.

200bhp, I hear they can be a little temperemental but the fact that it's made it to 150k it can't be that bad then.

Trouble is if you research cars on the Net, the ONLY car you'd buy would be a Lexus IS250.

It's a five cylinder engine, which means less vibration than a typical four cylinder. This should help the whole car last longer. Is this the multijet version?

Man I regret buying the VAG product, I now know many dealers avoid the v6 tdi's due to faults, should have gone Italian...blah blah blah

ok, with low mileage we have,
ABS MODULE (COMMON FAULT)
THROTTLE VALVE (COMMON FAULT)
BURNING OIL ON TICKOVER (UNCOMMON FAULT)
INFOSYSTEM STARTS AND STOPS WHEN IT LIKES (COMMON PROBLEM)
Sat around a table last week with 4 colleges all owners of VAG products (t5,t5,old diesel golf, newer diesel golf and myself A6 it transpired that we have all had lemons, two of the lads have spent £5k in a year and now have more problems arising, I refuse to spend on the lemon, it's going to be sold as spares or repairs as I guess VAG products are a money pit, I should have known better as I used to own a few vw t2's and a t25 stick mondeo or mx5 is my opinion