Need advice for tuning my Alfa Romeo 156

McCoy

Car
156 1.8 T Spark
Hi there recently bought an Alfa 156 1.8 T-Spark want to start tuning the engine and was think of getting remaped, been looking at some web sites who claim they can take the engine from its standard 140bhp upto 190bhp with a new chip etc, just wondered if there was anyone out there who knows if this is possible and if its worth it? Is there any additional engine upgrades/tuning I should gett done before doing this? And does anyone know what else I can do to the engine to increase horsepower and torque?

I know about induction kits and exhaust but I dont want to change exhaust until the engine output exceeds 200bhp.

You won't get 190 bhp from that engine with a remap alone. Diesels give big numbers when remapped. Thay also perform superbly. Things have got so silly that diesel is the fuel of choice for those of use that want performance in our daily cars.

Cams
forced induction - which is what theyll proberly be using to get the 190 as a new map would have to be used to get the best from the super / turbo charger

I think 190 is a bit optimistic on a NASP engine with a remap alone. I would guess that you'd be more likely to get just another 20bhp from a remap. PG's probably on the button there with a supercharger thrown in.