205 conversion

payne3400

Hi guys and gals!
I'm in bit of a pickle regarding my turbo conversion. I have fitted a 2.0 turbo from a 406 sri and have now being told that I need to fit a catalyst to the car or I'll blow the turbo seals! Is this correct? Can anyone help me?

Need a bit more information what engine year and model have you fitted the turbo too? Was the engine fitted with low compression pistons etc...

I don't see how fitting a catalyst will help but there may be some wierd quirk of the engine set up. Have you run the engine with the turbo? has the ECU been reprogrammed?

205 coversion

The engine is a standard unit with standard ecu and loom from a 1999 406 2.0 sri turbo. Still in process of plumbing it in to my 205, then heard this about the cat.

I've moved this thread (sort of moved it anyway) - to the Peugeot forum below). There's quite a few 205 conversion enthusiasts that hang out there and we'll see what they say. If you post a reply to the new thread you'll then get the update notification emails.

It is not necessary since the sensors, etc., how you plan to use 205 of them. The same crack as usual, a live, switched live, the fuel pump ground wire and a tachometer unit and you're away.