106 gti saxo vts ???

k3ogh

Tuner
Car
pug 306 1.4
im getting rid of the 306 and am looking at one of the above ive added my gf to my insurance and it has gone down loads :D what do you think will be the best option cheers guys :)

fair one hdi but its all can afford and i want a liitle hatch ive just finished a 9 month ban :(

Fair enough, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have said what I did had I known the situation. Still, at least you're back on the road now.

Did you have to re-take you test as well?

I, too, would probably go for a 106 over the Citroen for the same reasons posted above. Mechanically though they're pretty similar.

oh no need for apoligies i got caught over the limit the morning after a night out bad times!! i felt fine too, but no i didnt have to retake my test, yea more or less the same engine rite? and i think the 106 is better looking too :)

oh no need for apoligies i got caught over the limit the morning after a night out bad times!! i felt fine too, but no i didnt have to retake my test, yea more or less the same engine rite? and i think the 106 is better looking too :)

it's the same floorpan as well. Peugeot has built some pretty cars over the years and the 106 is no exception. I'm going to have a look around the net at 106s and see what they're all about.

The morning after thing is a bit of a contentious point. No-one ever goes out planning to get clobbered and in some ways I'd possibly consider softening the penalty slightly for a first offence in a 'morning after' situation if the limit is only very slightly breached.

It's very different to someone who has been in the pub for eight hours drinking solidly and then brazenly gets into their car to drive away, knowing that they are possibly 6 times over the limit.

Looking at the date I'm guessing you got caught on a Christmas 2009 DD binge.

i totally agree but as far as im aware the uk is one if not the only country in the eu that has a 35 mg limit in place i know the german police dont mess about with drink drivers! yea it was around xmas time boxing day exactly i was driving to football game :( needless to say i never seen the game either:(

i got a 3 year ban aug 2004. this was in the evening. had one pint ofl ager then had a phone call off the mrs to say she was going in2 labour (which incidentally was a false alarm). got in 2 car and didnt notice an unmarked car behind me. failed the breath test and on the main station 1 was showing 0.38. they dont prosocute under 0.37. was devastated. 3 year ban and 750 gbp. :(

dont have any alcohol if you need to drive. thats my policy now.

had a checkered past with driving offences until i was 21. but no offences in between 21 and 24. was expecting harsh but no where near what they dished out.
any way live n learn.

never have a drink and drive your car. learnt the hard way. still paying for it now with insurance.

yea tell me about it! it like a murder charge in the motoring world:( ive added my gf to my insurance and its gone down loads :)

i did that to start with after my ban and my dad has been driving 30+ years with no claims ,offences etc and didnt differ much but put the gf on with 4 years claim free license held for 5 years etc and it went down loads :s the wonderfull joys of car insurance :D i would love to know the criteria for how they work it out :s

Wouldn't fancy having a collision in either of them to be honest. They're not the most durable of cars.

I read the comment below before posting this, but HDI is correct. They are both fast little cars, but if involved in an axident, there is a good chance you will not come off too well.

Id go for the GTI tho. Much nicer cars.

you could say that about any car tho unless your in a challenger tank , there plenty off trucks on the road what would make mince meat off any car, but yea im goin gti i think need to get hunting around :)

you could say that about any car tho unless your in a challenger tank , there plenty off trucks on the road what would make mince meat off any car, but yea im goin gti i think need to get hunting around :)

Trucks are nowhere near as safe to crash in as their brutish appearance might lead you to believe.

I'd rather be in a new Renault Laguna than a truck in any crash situation.

this is my idea of what insurers look for when quoting insurance :
a. the car
b. you (the area you live in, your licence, convictions)
c. mileage
d. your job
e. how much they can screw you for

dont know about the last one but this is the basic stuff imo.

Last edited: