100bhp more would you drive differently

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you had an extra 100bhp in your car do you think it would make you drive differently?

Would you take more chances? Be more obnoxious? Worry about the lower fuel economy!

I think I would be a more aggressive driver if I had another 100bhp! But I'd like to test the theory!;)

If I had an extra hundred hee haws I'd have cramp in my face from grinning all the time! I'd probably lose my license in a week! But in reality 250 bhp in my car would just translate into chronic wheel spin! :lol:
Ideally 160/170BHP the wheels would make me very happy indeed! :amuse:

Last edited:
I suppose they do say that power corrupts and I guess it works when applied to car engines then.

If I had an extra hundred hee haws I'd have cramp in my face from grinning all the time!

gotta admit when i went from the civic prob around 95bhp to the bora 180 i was grinning every time i put the foot down. just a shame ive got used to it

I trust this will also be delivered with a corresponding torque increase across the rev range.

As for driving, no, it probably wouldn't make me very different.

But if you added 100bhp to my wife's car then, yes, I would drive that one differently.

I'd drive no differently. My brakes would melt if I had an extra 100bhp so any increase in driving speeds would result in me rear ending someone for sure.

Gimme an EBC brake upgrade in the mix though and I would most likely spend my evenings embarassing the local pug/saxo owners.

You don't need dump-valves to get that sort of increase on all engines!

100+hp allows some to do what they did before with less stress. :cheesy:

I know that. I never said that a dump valve was needed for more power. I meant that if it had a dump valve I would prob drive it differently as I'd be in the boost most of the time. If was N/A powered then I don't think another 100bhp would make me drive it any different.

Last edited:
I doubt my car could cope for long with that much power..
I'd guess it has somewhere in the region of 60 hp effectively , given it's age.. and with 100 more it would just torque steer the whole time.. But it would be fun!