1/4 Mile Times

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
What would everyone consider a good 1/4 mile time for their car, and what would you like to achieve?

I timed myself at about 14 seconds one evening...I thought that was pretty good for a standard 1.6 Civic...I'd love to have a time below 10 seconds!

What about everyobdy else?

What would everyone consider a good 1/4 mile time for their car, and what would you like to achieve?

I timed myself at about 14 seconds one evening...I thought that was pretty good for a standard 1.6 Civic...I'd love to have a time below 10 seconds!

What about everyobdy else?

14 seconds is very good. What have you done to your Civic? My simulation software indicates 15.75secs for 1990 Civic 1600 Vtec and 15.5secs for a 2006 2l SI.

Anyone wanting to know what their car can actually do should get themselves off to the Pod or similar. The BS stops when the flag drops :)

Sub 10 second quarters are VERY hard to achieve, apart from in the pub and on forums :)

Last edited:
To get your best theoretical quarter mile time use our calculator;)

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/quarter-mile-time.php

I'd be curious to see how this stacks up with your simulation software OG?

We all need to bear in mind that most cars will do illegal speeds towards the end of a quarter mile run so it is best done on a private strip ;)

On a rolling start I can beat 10 seconds! :eek:

(Rolling at around 40mph though!)

To get your best theoretical quarter mile time use our calculator;)

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/quarter-mile-time.php

I'd be curious to see how this stacks up with your simulation software OG?

520bhp
600kg

Torquecars - 8.97
CarTest 2000 - 9.49
However, I have over 100 variables to play with, including humidity, elevation, tyre traction values, driver weight :), gear change speeds, etc, etc

just tried the quarter mile calculator on mine and it says 14.40 seconds would this be about right i have no idea ???

just tried the quarter mile calculator on mine and it says 14.40 seconds would this be about right i have no idea ???

Seems about right. However, you have to realise that this will be the optimum figure, based on a near perfect launch and very quick gear changes. It will probably take quite a few runs to approach this sort of time.

I think mine might struggle with the usual diesel problems.

1. Weight

2. Would need a change into fourth before 100mph, performance petrol cars will see this happily in third.

3. I quite like my clutch and tyres as they are!

My fezzy did a 15.5 at shakespear. This is with a slipping clutch, so was leaving line like a micra then flooring it. Hoping for a 15 flat next weekend!