Torque Cars

WRX Sti Brembo's ('53 plate)

Discussion in 'Impreza' started by vitbmw, 10 September 2008.

1. vitbmw

vitbmw Full member

Runcorn
    Car:
    VitaraJLXSE2.0L24v
    can anybody point me in the right direction of the cheapest place for replacement pads for the above? my lads' car but i said i'd ask around before he shells out the thick end of £500 notes. reckon they are due in about 1000 miles so i need to find some soon - damage the discs and he'll well outta pocket!:amazed:

Thx in advance!:blink1:

2. RapidWagon

RapidWagon Tuner

Car:
    Impreza Wagon Turbo
    Hi VitBMW,

Don't know where you've tried so far, but you could try the shop related to this site, which is http://torquecars.potn.com

Power Supply can be found here www.psupply.co.uk
    The marque club is Subaru Impreza Drivers Club and can be found here www.sidc.co.uk there is a list of places offering members discount, so given the expense if you could find a decent price it might be worth him joining for £35.
    One that I've never used before is Performance Alloys who are here http://www.performancealloys.com/brembo_brake_systems.asp

Let me know how you get on because, I will probably need them at some point!

Good luck:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: 28 January 2009
  3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    The brembos are pretty expensive but they are good pads. Beware of the cheaper pads they are not as long lasting and not always as good at braking. There is a link to the POTN shop at the top right.

4. vitbmw

vitbmw Full member

Runcorn
    Car:
    VitaraJLXSE2.0L24v
    Thanks guys - I'll give him the info and let you know how he gets on. Has to get by on his own now he's got a 'proper' car! :lol:

5. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    A proper car - with proper costs!

6. RapidWagon

RapidWagon Tuner

Car:
    Impreza Wagon Turbo
    VitBMW, I've just seen an add for 25% off Brembo from Larkspeed. Their phone number is 0113 2643231 and the site is www.larkspeed.com . The add is in the current issue of Total Impreza.

7. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Nice find RapidWagon.;)

8. vitbmw

vitbmw Full member

Runcorn
    Car:
    VitaraJLXSE2.0L24v
    Cool - thx RapidWagon! We're on the case and so far we got approx £85 per axle! Thank god it's only got 2! (Thinking - how about a 6 wheel Scooby with 2 driven axles?! :rolleyes: Will give them a call in the morning and see what they can do - thanks for the link and the number.:blink1:

9. spritey71

spritey71 New member

hi,ive got these and managed to get ebc red stuff ceramic pads for under £200 all round.hard wearing and bit noisey at low speed braking but very good pads.look on ebay and other scooby tuning sites for offers.mite get nice disc/pad combo set cheap.

10. STI SCOOB

STI SCOOB New member

performance friction discs / z rated pads on a scoob R the dogs B@//@Cks

obi_waynne likes this.
  11. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Do they cost much STI Scoob?

12. fred4lil

fred4lil Newbie

Weston-Super-Mare
    Car:
    2001 jdm STI Bugeye
    Mintex 1044 pads good option £250 all round a little dusty good initial bite,good feel

13. spritey71

spritey71 New member

these aint to bad with dust but then any kind of dirt that gets on my car gets on my t*ts.hate this time of year coming up trying it clean.each to his own really on pads.best we all try something different to find best anyway.

14. STI SCOOB

STI SCOOB New member

Hi wayne aztecperformance.co.uk £100 off front pads+discs retail £705 sellin £599 quality brakes worth every penny

15. spritey71

spritey71 New member

just a case of looking around on net and finding bargain what your after.id haggle with em too the way things are at the moment,theyd be glad of the business i expect.

16. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I've moved this thread to our new Impreza owners forum.