Wotcha

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
Hi,
I'm Loz & hopefully in a few weeks time I'll be charging around in my new (kinda) toy :D As built by the nice chaps at Talon sportscars.

Here's a short spec on the car,

A Rover 100 wiv...

1.8 VVC K series (143bhp) Engine runing on an Emerald ECU,
PG1 gearbox with a Quaif LSD,
Individulised suspension with GTI dampers,
Stripped interior,
Full roll cage,
Perpsex rear & side windows,
Fibreglass bonnet...
& a few of other details & suspension changes that I can't think of at the mo (but if you look at their website you'll get a good idea)

Frankly I can't wait :lol:

I already have plans for a set of jenvey direct to head throttle bodies & possibly a Piper single cam conversion too :D

Oh & this will be my daily driver too!
I look forward to getting to know you all, especially when I've taken something of the car & it won't go back on! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Sounds like a great spec. Welcome to TorqueCars, as a former Rover owner I'm very interested in Rover mods. Sounds like you've got the weak spots covered with the Quaife LSD and replacement ECU.

What sort of money are you spending on this.

Um... £6000 :amazed:
It's alot of money but Talon do an awful lot with the car. The money came from my last pride & joy which I heartlessly murdered (a rather quick Smart) :sad2: At the time I couldn't find a new car that caught my interest but seeing Talons ad' in PPC magazine & quick test drive later saw a deposit being placed :bigsmile:

I get a lot of "but It's a Metro!" from my friends & collegues, but I'll have the last laugh MUHWAHAHA! :lol:

Anyone rember the 6r4
images
Pretty mental as far as performance goes.

The premise seems to be put some wheels on a big engine and see what you end up with. 8)

yeah work, one of the boys is off with stress( ???????????? ) and with holidays meaning some shifts are short.
been nightshift last 2, off today and tomorrow then back on days for 5 shifts then 2 nights.
would be alright if i was getting overtime rather than time back.

sorry for hijackig your thread loz

yeah work, one of the boys is off with stress( ???????????? ) and with holidays meaning some shifts are short.
been nightshift last 2, off today and tomorrow then back on days for 5 shifts then 2 nights.
would be alright if i was getting overtime rather than time back.

sorry for hijackig your thread loz

S'ok :lol: Are giving hours back for holiday or is it a slow period at work? I worked for a company once who had no work for 4 months we were all off with pay, then when the work picked up we owed the company 100's of hours. It was a bit poo.

Let me get this striaight , the XJ220 had the 6R4 engine? The V8 the two cylinders missing? I always assumed it had a Jag lump of some desciption :embarrest::confused:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back