Worst car experiences?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your worst car experiences?

Mine are
1) Totally lost in a rough part of London with very little fuel left.
2) Driving on the M25 at rush hour with no clutch

Can anyone top these? Im sure we have all had a nightmare journey.

I went to croft last year. While using the satnav i was travelling up the a1m and the satnav decided to take me off the motorway and through a town only to take me to a road that was closed. Saw a police officer asked if i would get through an got told a lorry an a couple of other car were swimming. Asked for directions and to get to the other side of the road was 15 miles either way i went round. Then tried to get back to motorway and satnav took me to a series of roundabouts on a under construction building sites so it ended up as a dead end yet the satnav was still telling me to go straight on. Got there in the end about an hour an a half later. Car also broke down on the way home...:sad2:

Not really a 'worst car experience' but it's the best I can do! On the way home from a football match the coach broke down and we couldn't get it repaired or replaced for almost 2 hours! We'd only gone to Southend!

Back in the late 70s, spent months rebuilding Elan, only for it to catch fire 10 minutes into first test drive. Another 6 weeks repairing... :-(

Not really a 'worst car experience' but it's the best I can do! On the way home from a football match the coach broke down and we couldn't get it repaired or replaced for almost 2 hours! We'd only gone to Southend!

Been there got a coach from edinburgh to nijmagen n holland for the vierdasse ( think thats how you spell it 4 day march ) got off the eurotunnel and the 1st speed mountian that we hit ripped off the proshaft, 4 hours waiting on another coach to come from the Uk to take us the rest of the way

OG ouch bet that pissed you off

my worst is at 6 in the morning the prelude cut out on me and wouldnt restart ignition coil had went - luckily i was near to the car i was stripping for spare parts. not somthing i would like to repeat

i would have to say it was 2 days after my mate got his new 1.9DTurbo 306, and said the magic words, "watch how this thing goes round corners, its like its on rails" and then proseded to understeer towards a verge on the side of the road, didnt know what to do to stop it, let off the throttle and then dipped the clutch, had a bad tank slapper, then brought the clutch back up an then hit the verge, tipped the car on to its side and it slide about 50 yards up the road, with me in the back with no seat belt on (i HAVE learnt now, i always wear a seat belt even if its the 30 second trip to the shop at the end of my road) almost went thro the side window when it tipped. not a good experiance.

have never had one really
but i would say when the lexus started drifting for the first time as it was my first rwd car but then i got to know the car and how far it would dift for and would try to out do it never span it never lost control only once in the rain going up hill at 50 side ways with my mate in the car showing off then it griped and nearly hit the kerb but it missed it that was fun lol

OG ouch bet that pissed you off

Just a tad. However, I was very lucky. I had just pulled up outside a friend's house where we were having a party when it backfired and went Whoosh! The house quickly emptied with people carrying anything that could hold water. I found cutlery in the engine bay later. We managed to put it out before the fire brigade arrived. They were surprised that it was still intact as by the time they arrive these cars are usually just a melted mess of fibreglass. As they were there they checked the car over and found that it was still alight under the dash! Phew! Caused by a loose fuel connection. Much more careful now!

Going through 10 inches of water on the Crosshands to Pont Abraham (Start of the M4) at 50 mph. I couldn't see properly as it was raining so hard. The water soaked my engine and I drove home on 2 cylinders. Thankfully it had just soaked the leads so I just changed one and missing stopped.