Wont start!

Do you actually have full voltage at the battery ? Forget what the dash lights are saying.
Normally an ECU problem won't stop it from turning over. It can prevent it from starting but you still get power to the starter motor as this is not regulated via the ECU.

Is it turning over? Do you have 1) Spark at the engine? 2) Fuel at the engine?

Could be the starter motor, immobiliser, ignition fault,fuelling fault or ECU fault.

Start with the easy things first. Get a spark tester, which is a tiny bulb that works on magnetic induction, hold it near the leads and check it is flashing to confirm you have a spark.

I know it's completly different make, but if it's anything like my Vectra which had exactly what you described. It turned out to be a dodgy alternator not charging the battery enough to give the car voltage to start and everytime you turned it over, or at least tried, it just kept ticking away to it's self. But as mentioned, get a proper voltage gauge for the battery or just hook up a metre to the battery before you try and start it. IIRC you need 12 volts just to start the car. And if you do get a gauge and it reads less than 14volts when the engine is running, i'd say there was a problem with the battery or alternator ;)

Thanks Guys!
It appears to be battery!

It would seem her indoors forgot to mention that she had been told Friday night that she had left both courtesy lights on full blast :mad: don't ask!
So going to check it this morning didn't notice the lights were on, then as usual the car threw a curve at me with the clicking in the consul!

SO there the battery sits in the kitchen on the optimax!

I'm guessing that's the main problem it read 12v nowt attached, but the engine management light went barmy constant flashing when I went to check the codes (wired switch under dash)
Thanks again for quick response always learn something new even if it turns out to be blonde error (cept she's brunette!)

Glad you have found the fault. The clicking thing behind the dash is solenoids not activating properly due to not having enough voltage to switch them.

Leave her straightners switched on till they burn out and she'll get the message:lol: (Providing they don't start a house fire!;))