wintertyres

branny

Car
mazda6 tamura
Hi
dont know if this has been coverd yet,
i am just about to buy a set of winter tyres,does any one have any advice about which ones to get, i am thinking about dunlop winter sport 3D(only because i have dunlop fitted at the moment).

I'm assuming that this is for the German roads. It's very rare that anyone over here changes from summer to winter tyres, mainly because we never have a summer :lol::lol: but our winters in general aren't harsh enough to justify another set.
I have Goodyear Eagle F1's on the GTO and use them all year round.

i use what ever i have on all year round as well
but this year i am ready for some snow with my m/t on the jeep will go anywere

Is it for rain or snow and ice? We have to put up with winter tyres all year round over here.

What tyres do you have on there are the moment? Are they SP Sports Maxx? If they have a lot of tread depth then they should be fine in the rain.

Is it for rain or snow and ice? We have to put up with winter tyres all year round over here.

What tyres do you have on there are the moment? Are they SP Sports Maxx? If they have a lot of tread depth then they should be fine in the rain.

in germany its recomended to change to winter tyres when the temp falls below 7 degrees because "normal/summer"tyres dont work as they should, they basicly freeze.
the police like to hand out fines to drivers who use summer tyres in the winter, (they use the road worthyness card to hand out fines)

hense why we have no need for winter tyres :blink1: we never get above 7 degrees :p

how do they know the difference between summer / winter tyres ?

winter tyres have M+S(these are all weather tyres) or a snow flake(these are full on winter tyres) on the tyre wall also the tread patten is compleatly diffrent, most people fit the winter tyres on to steel rims so they dont trash the alloys if they slip of the road,

It sounds pretty harsh to dish out penalties for the wrong tyre type, all round tyres should be the answer although I know German Autobahns have potentially much higher speeds.

It sounds pretty harsh to dish out penalties for the wrong tyre type, all round tyres should be the answer although I know German Autobahns have potentially much higher speeds.

i have just got my winter tyres fitted(560euros), they have a dry speed rate of H (130Mph), so when the weather gets below 7 degrees i can still drive at autobahn speed safely, the other good news is the car looks good with black wheels fitted, so i might just get my alloys powder coated black over the winter.

just found out, if you cause an accident on a wintery road in germany with standard tyres fitted there is a GOOD chance that the insurance company wont pay out, however if you tell the insurance company you have winter tyres fitted they will drop the premium.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back