Will 80mm silicone hose stretch 4mm?

hough

Road Burner
Car
VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
Hey do any of you people know if 80mm silicone hose will stretch 4mm, if not does anyone know of any where that will sell 80mm rubber hose but i only need about 50mm length, it for my new air filter system....

any help would be great.....

It will stretch. However, depending on what you stretch it over it might destroy the part. Silicone is quite a weird material. Obviously the thicker the walls are the harder it will be.

Usually washing up liquid does help quite a bit. Silicone does not like to slide.

hi hdi i was thinking of using a piece of silicone hose to join my new air filter to my mass air sensor, so it shouldnt get that hot?

hi hdi i was thinking of using a piece of silicone hose to join my new air filter to my mass air sensor, so it shouldnt get that hot?

It won't when the engine is running and the car is being driven.

I'm thinking of when the engine is shut down and under-bonnet heat soak starts.

fair point hdi didnt think of that? i was looking for some old fashion rubber hose but cant find none any where.....

It won't when the engine is running and the car is being driven.

I'm thinking of when the engine is shut down and under-bonnet heat soak starts.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. The silicone needs a minimum temperature of 165 Celsius to cure. The supplier of the raw material advises not to go above 185 degrees because of the polyester netting turning brown. When my oven was accidently set to over 200 degrees the binding nearly caught fire, but the polyester was fine (it was curing for about 2 hours).

Silicon can take up to 300 degrees.

Also it is unlikely to distort after curing.

The only thing silicone does not like id prolonged exposure to oil.

I use a 76mm silicone joiner onto my 80mm maf housing, it's a bit of a stretch, but once it's on it's fine.