Which hire cars for holidays?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When it comes to holidays which options do you go for on a hire car? Personally I avoid the lowest 2 groups of hire car as they are usually underpowered (plus you are more likely to get upgraded from a 3 to a 4!)

I always go for the insurance as well but thankfully have never needed it.

I nearly always feel ripped off though when I take the hire car back.

I will also add that I have never had a really nice hire car - they all had minor quirks and niggles although they all had less than 1000 miles on the clock!

So do you hire cars? What are your criterior for choosing one?

never bothered hiring a car on holiday dont see the point. most have excelant bus services that are silly cheap or taxis which will take you anywhere at speed still for next to nothing

We always seem to hire mopeds or bikes. Went to turkey earlier this year and had a great time, although meet this other couple who had hired a convertible megan and got pulled by the police. Because the fella was driving it didn't have his UK license car with him (his wife to be had hired it on her license) he got arrest, spend the night in jail and taken stright to court the next day. Got a fine and had to pay more money to get the hire car back! not what you want on holiday!!

That's back luck SteSE. I bet it was a memorable holiday for them.

I like the idea of camper hire - its like booking a cottage and a car all in one;)