Which are the most fun off roaders

lutonmatt

The Torque Meister
From
chatham kent
Car
82 trans am kitt
really i dont know i had done that lane 2 days before but he other way but rain the night before made it really muddy and slippy and must of just been to far on the left

just clad the trees were there to stop me falling down the bank

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
I've off roaded a Discovery 3 and it's quite a machine there just sooo much stuff to help you out the engineers at lode lane are brilliant, best modern off roader I think...Yes I know the bowler nemesis is quicker but I'm talking production cars now,

Might not be adventure to drive like the old land rovers but if you want to go to place that a normal car can't go in comfort then this is the car for you,

The range rover is good but is heavier and not as advanced as the 3, i guess the 4's underpinning's are much the same

indiaman

Track Warrior
From
Bangalore India
Car
Tata Marina diesel
I still have my old 1945 World war 2 Ford jeep in my garage, had some great times with it in the 60's and 70's, Right now it is jacked up, and only entered for classic and vintage car rallies

blowby

From
Philippines - Manila
Car
Daihatsu Charade
My Vitara is quite a capable offroader. Its offroad ready out of the box. And it has more potential once modified. I had mine lifted by 6" and fitted 31" Mud tires. never failed to bring me home from the trails. :)

CJJ

From
Northumberland
Car
MGTF160 + Focus ST
Always has to be Landrover for me if it is pure offroading. A SWB with good tyres.

It is the only one that looks good with dents and scrapes.

I have a Freelander at the moment, but it is just for the snow in Northumberland, never really taken it offroad.

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
My Vitara is quite a capable offroader. Its offroad ready out of the box. And it has more potential once modified. I had mine lifted by 6" and fitted 31" Mud tires. never failed to bring me home from the trails. :)
These are supposed to be pretty good, I've seen a few with XUD conversions in them as well..

boostnturbos

Torque Junkie
From
Ireland, donegal
Car
BMW 318ci SE
over our way the 3.3l patrols rule the hills. there is a crew of 4x4 men next to us, they only deal with the LR 90's etc. they getting the off-road scene going by setting up days to bring your own and try beat them. with all the hype of the land rovers i thought nothing could beat them, incorect james, nissan patrols all the way, eat them for dinner and tea. class watching the men getting beat at their own game ha!!!

lexus8

Tuner
From
New Zealand
Car
1991 Hilux Surf
we have a few Suzuki sj410s here powered by Lexus V8s , awesome , then I Havnt seen The Toyota hilux / Surf mentioned much ,

Last edited by a moderator:

chewy1986

Tuner
From
birmingham
Car
freelander td4
ive had a freelander td4 took it offroading at sibbertoft leciester, and a cheeky drive through eastnor estate, was absolutely brilliant only major flaw was the ground clearance due to the independant suspension setup but a 2" lift and bigger tyres and its light weight will take it anywhere,
also had a g-wagen in the family , it was raw and basic but bloody good, proper manual diff locks never broke down

JimmyHelu

Banned
From
usa
Car
usa
One that you can drive off road and you don't care about the damage?
Motoring journalists often say the Range rover is the best 'off-roader', but
would anyone in there right mind take their OWN £55+ vehicle off road with
all those deep carpets and leather???

Now a LR 90 with decent tyres :)

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Sure they would,
Ive seen it happen many a time....and thats what they are built for,
Also land rover claim that the Discovery is the best off roader they do,

The thing is though... they are designed for off roading in thre sence that you wont exeed say 20 mph, if you want to drive like a hooligan then yes...other car are prefferable...anything with a Bowler badge would do it...