Where do you keep your foot?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I noticed today that whenever my foot is not on the accelerator it hovers over the brake pedal. It is very much an ingrained habit but one I cannot remember being taught. It means braking takes less time in an emergency.

Does anyone else do this? Where do you rest your clutch foot when you are not using the clutch?

Right foot is either on accelerator or brake. When driving on cruise control it's back by the seat. Clearly you still have to look around and prepare to react when necessary.

Left foot is always back under seat almost unless using clutch. This is a habit formed during years of driving autos.

left foot sit on the nice little foot hold beside the clutch. right foot sits on or above the throttle in little traffic. in heavier i cover the brake when off the gas

Does that mean your foot is touching the clutch or literally hovering over it?

Come on guys, you're all missing the obvious...

Where do I keep my foot? At the end of my leg!!!

Thank you very much, I'm here every night till Thursday.

I find that, generally, the best place for my foot is on the end of my leg. Stops me falling over :)

You know - I thought it would be impossible to derail this thread! You guys crack me up! :lol: Perhaps the question should have been much more specific....:rolleyes:

Come on guys, you're all missing the obvious...

Where do I keep my foot? At the end of my leg!!!

Thank you very much, I'm here every night till Thursday.

you bet me to it.

in the polo i do the same as you waynne but in my old rover the clutch was so heavy i could rest my left foot on it without it moving, great!

I keep my right foot planted firmly to the floor on the accelerator :amazed:

Depends what i'm doing. Got a tiny engine so usually pushing accelerator all the time and my left foot on the floor next to clutch. I'm gonna make my clutch stiffer on the mini so I can rest my foot on there without damaging the engine. Maybe anyway. It's just me being lazy...

Dave