What would u get for 7.5k?

Ciganjo

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic ES 1.8
So you have a budget of £7,500.... what car would you get??

can be a bog standard modern car..... or you can get an older car and tune it with the left overs. What do you do? WHAT DOOOOO YOU DO??

Mitsubishi Evo 7. :bigsmile:

Or if it was for a second car to go along with my own, then

Jeep Wrangler 4L Petrol.

Or a 54/55 plate Volvo S60 D5

Too many to choose!

Megane R26 for 6k and spend the rest on intercooler/remap to 280bhp.

S-type R for 5k, spend rest on supercharger pulley and remap to 500bhp.

the list is endless...

You could also pick up a half decent older Skyline for this and spend a bit on mods for it. The Evo would be my bet for a standard car in this budget range.

What would I get? S2000 for summer probably, never had a topless beauty before lol.

Or are you asking what should you get? A minty mint Evo 6 if insurance isn't an issue...

:embarrest: I know. Im supprised i still have any rep after that post.

I have been watching ''My name is Earl'' and found myself liking his El Camino

How bad is that. Its nearly as bad as when I was watching Ozzy and his family about 4 years ago and thought to my self ''you know what Joe, I would do Kelly''! :amazed:
My mind is leathal when it gets together with my brain and day dreaming.

BMW E36 M3 (yes I'm biased). Atm a good condition one will cost around £5k, the rest I'd need for insurance!

You're never biased :)

You lucky git you still get stung for insurance. I'd probably get one of those covered for under £500 because I'm getting on a bit.

My £7500 will get me a nice holiday and I'll keep the 528i for a couple more years. Despite it being an emergency purchase in 2010 it's proven to be an extremely likeable car so I'm going to hang on to it for a while.

You lucky git you still get stung for insurance. I'd probably get one of those covered for under £500 because I'm getting on a bit.

My £7500 will get me a nice holiday and I'll keep the 528i for a couple more years. Despite it being an emergency purchase in 2010 it's proven to be an extremely likeable car so I'm going to hang on to it for a while.

£7500 on a holiday!! Thats mad. Id only have a budget like that if I were going to Vegas. Id prefer to spend £27.14 on a hotel for a week and get wrecked for the whole time and remember nothing!

My mate has just come back from a full moon party holiday in Thiland. He siad what he remembers was amazing!!

£7500 on a holiday!! Thats mad. Id only have a budget like that if I were going to Vegas. Id prefer to spend £27.14 on a hotel for a week and get wrecked for the whole time and remember nothing!

My mate has just come back from a full moon party holiday in Thiland. He siad what he remembers was amazing!!

It is. That's why I've never done it :). Not Ever. It just sounded good.

We usually just rent some lowly holiday cottage out of season for a couple of hundred quid a week.

Perhaps I flog the 528 for about £4-5k, add the £7500 to it and buy a second user Volvo S80 D6?

Interesting choices...... But im a tight sod, so id have the Mini Cooper S, from 2007...... 175bhp and 45mpg combined (thats better economy then what i currently drive!!). Got the power, and not that worried about refiling every 100 yards.

Which one would you have Prince? 3.0 or 3.2?
They sound awesome imo.

Tbh the Evo (3.2) isn't much better spec'd than the 3.0. I think at this age I would buy on condition instead of engine.

Sounds like a reason to re-live some youth ;).

£7500 brings a perspective to our hobby. It will buy you either a new car or a pretty good engine :)

Yeah I prefer the 3.0 tbh. I heard the 3.2 wasn't that special.

Main differences are an extra 30-40 bhp, a few suspension tweaks, floating discs and a 6th gear (most owners swap the 6 speed for the 5 speed anyway).

That's why I say buy on condition because all of the above can be achieved with some aftermarket mods.

Yeah that's about right MA. I expected to be pinned to the seat but I just wasn't. Hasn't half got long gears though. That may be why it didn't feel all that quick.

Mate they are pretty damn fast tbh, they just (like all the M3's) don't feel it. No drama, dull as watching paint dry :lol:

Why is that. Why don't BMW's feel fast. I have noticed that with the M3 and M5. My mate took me out in his M5 about 3 years ago, and even though, he was doing well over the speed limit and get there quickly, they just didn't feel that fast. There was noise, there was speed just not the feeling? :confused:

That's BMW isn't it though, made for people with shirts and ties not people with baseball caps like VXR's or RS' lol. I love E46 M3's and they are capable but so so boring to drive, brakes are shocking and they are still slower than my purple Ford lol.

:lol::lol:

I know a few people with M3's and they don't ''drive'' them.

They ''cruz'' around in them taking there time. One of my mates down in South Wales wont take his above 60 anywhere! And through town its a roof down, 15mph job. So everyone can get a glimps of him! :amazed::D

BMWs are comfortable as well as quick. I suppose not being in a rattly interior and bucket seats makes it feel slower. I agree with the E46 M3, it's bought by business men and posers. Thankfully the shirts and ties have been buying Audis instead. I would still rather have a BMW than a Ford or a Vauxhall any day though. Once you get involved with the 'scene' you find how nice everyone is because they're not typically owned by a bunch of chavs. The Honda scene was so different for this reason.

BMWs are comfortable as well as quick. I suppose not being in a rattly interior and bucket seats makes it feel slower. I agree with the E46 M3, it's bought by business men and posers. Thankfully the shirts and ties have been buying Audis instead. I would still rather have a BMW than a Ford or a Vauxhall any day though. Once you get involved with the 'scene' you find how nice everyone is because they're not typically owned by a bunch of chavs. The Honda scene was so different for this reason.

Not RSOC tbh, it's mainly blokes in their 40's :lol: All I see round here is chavs in slow-ass low-end Beemers and compacts thinking they're a boss and they are usually Asain I hate to say it!

The Civic have a rattly interior then?

Not RSOC tbh, it's mainly blokes in their 40's :lol: All I see round here is chavs in slow-ass low-end Beemers and compacts thinking they're a boss and they are usually Asain I hate to say it!

The Civic have a rattly interior then?

The thing that bugs with BMWs atm is that people who just slam it (on eBay specials more often than not) seem to get more respect than guys that tune their car properly.

My Civic had a lovely, cheap, plastic, grey interior. It could get rattly combined with the coilies.

Possibly an XKR,vx220,M5 or boxterS or go to Germany and buy the best bargain motorhome I can find.. (They are so much cheaper there)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back